S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get some numbers on how much it would cost to swap my 5 speed tranny for a auto for my 2.2... it's gonna be a bitch to hit switches and change gears.

anyone done this? if you did lemme know... its just an idea at this point.

i know someone is going to say "just sell your truck for an auto" but i like my truck.... and im not getting rid of her for an automatic tranny...

lemme know. thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
about 1500 for a rebuilt 4l60e without a core and 500-600 for the controler,shifter, and all the outher odds and ends

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bvr775 said:
about 1500 for a rebuilt 4l60e without a core and 500-600 for the controler,shifter, and all the outher odds and ends

Okay cool, thats about what i figured... might as well wait till i do my engine swap to swap that all out... no need to replace something im just gonna take out anyway.

thanks for the numbers bvr775.

·
Registered
591 Posts
sounds like electronics will be the real trick, the tranny you can probily pick up local.

·
Registered
568 Posts
you can get a preprogramed controller for around 400, but gmperformance,jet, tci, ect controll units have more options. I use the tci controler. It's a little bit more exspensive than some of the simpler controllers at 650bux, but you have more controll over the tranny and the programing was a little more user freindly to me than some of the outhers I've used.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i was thinking about doing the same thing to my 2.2 cant you just swap out the clutch and the wireing harnedd with an auto??

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
i was talking about how he said it would be hard to shift adn hit switches but it would be like driving and messin with the radio or air conditioner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts