S-10 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Why not just use a couple tee fittings and run the ball valves in parallel with the electric valves? That way you dont have to drill into your valves and risk messing them up, and you could mount the ball valves somewhere easily accessible (I'm thinking maybe under the hood or under a removable panel in the bed floor). For the exhaust valve getting stuck open, i'd say just run an extension hose from the valve to where you could access it with the truck laid out, and put a female fitting on it so that if the valve sticks open, just thread a pipe plug into it to get you home.

·
Registered
510 Posts
On the pic where the valve is closed.... wont the air going beneth the diaphram lift it up and allow the valve to flow?

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
if you're going to all that trouble, why not just put some t's on the bags, and run 1/4" or 1/8" line and ball valves directly from tank to bags?

just keep them switched off when not needed, open them for a second if frozen. using 1/8", it could also be a nice "stealth" lift.

hell, i think i'll do this sometime over the summer.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
rgarjr said:
Just trying to figure out how the valves work, don't care about the freezing here in socal.

Think of the valve like a ruller sitting on a pencil in the middle like a see/saw

now place a roll of duck tape oneach end it will ballence.(air on each side). now a small pressure on one end will move the roller to the table. (small spring inside does this)

now take off the tape from one side BAM the ruller will slam over to the outher side. (this simulates the valve open.)

Does that help explain it?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've seen that little passage hole on the intake side of the valve, it's so tiny.. around 1/16" diameter. So you're saying that that small hole and the big 1/2" hole have equal air pressure... but the spring is what wins.

So then when you energize the coil and it opens up that little passage way and the air now goes to the exhaust port. Does that little air make the diaphram pop up?

·
Got 20's?
784 Posts
kinda offtopic but not really...i know a while back you mentioned some heat strips...it was like a nitrous bottle heater only much smaller...do you have a link or remember of what those things are called?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
x00 said:
kinda offtopic but not really...i know a while back you mentioned some heat strips...it was like a nitrous bottle heater only much smaller...do you have a link or remember of what those things are called?

Something like this,

http://www.plantdrive.com/page0/18/18.html

·
Tuckin 29...... Inches...
718 Posts
get a winter beater ( and im not talkin about a girl ) ... although everyone should have that kinda winter beater too... :haha:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts