S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I’ve read around these threads Cyclone/Typhoon turbo manifolds will be required for my 01 LS and I’m assuming they will fit since someone posted a picture of a fitted turbo on a 2003 s10. I’ve also assumed it will be very hard to keep the ac so I’ll take it out once I have all the turbo parts I need to start the build. Down below I have a link where it comes with some necessities from eBay. The manifolds it has seems like it would be from a cyclone or typhoon I’m not sure they look the same but correct me if I’m wrong. The only thing I will need is piping and inter cooler, blow off valve, and fuel injectors I think. Now about the fuel injectors, many people say you can’t upgrade the fuel injectors on the s10 however some say you can’t. Shoot some recommendations and tips please I hope I have everything needed other than money haha.

GM 4.3L Turbo Kit Hot Parts T3 Cast 4.3 GMC Chevy Turbocharger V6 Wastegate Oil | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Wynjammer sells upgraded spider injectors but most switch over to a marine intake so the injectors are external and no risk of the plastic upper intake letting go. Not sure if your '01 has a 0411 pcm but if not, it would be a good upgrade and repin for tuning . Look through the post on turbo builds and you might find more info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wynjammer sells upgraded spider injectors but most switch over to a marine intake so the injectors are external and no risk of the plastic upper intake letting go. Not sure if your '01 has a 0411 pcm but if not, it would be a good upgrade and repin for tuning . Look through the post on turbo builds and you might find more info.
Yeah I did the research for the marine but since I have an egr it’s going to be difficult to place. Also how do I know if I have the 0411 pcm

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Forgot about the EGR. If you don't have emissions testing you could always delete it. The 0411 pcm is silver and has 2 long plugs for the pcm connector. If the pcm is black and has 5 plugs, it will be hard to get tuning done for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Forgot about the EGR. If you don't have emissions testing you could always delete it. The 0411 pcm is silver and has 2 long plugs for the pcm connector. If the pcm is black and has 5 plugs, it will be hard to get tuning done for it.
Alright thanks I will check for that tomorrow and you think that guy that sells is still active. And one more thing, do you think I can keep my ac and run a turbo, I mean sure everything is possible as long as I route everything right but I’m sure it’s going to be a BIG pain in the ***, I just want to know if it’s a possibility.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts

No idea about keeping AC but I don't see why not since the compressor is on the driver's side.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts