S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 95 s-10 with a 2.2 4 cyl 5 speed. engine had been almost fully rebuilt I have gotten it to start with throttle and idle but will die if gas is let off. this is because I need to correctly run vacuum lines and seal air connections in the bay I have little familiarity with this engine so could use some help. but for the big issue now and reason for starting this profile. I had the truck attempted to be stolen, my ignition is all mangled and screwed around I had to take off a little of the left over pieces to be able to push in the steering lock piece so I could move it but the lock cylinder will not turn and I really need help getting my ignition able to be used normally as soon as possible don't have much time. so first question I guess is how do I get the lock cylinder out ?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
23,747 Posts
Welcome to the forumThis is not a tech forum. Once you have three posts and after a short wait for the system to do it's thing, you'll have access to the rest of the forum where you can post your questions in the appropriate forum where it will get more views and replies.

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
so first question I guess is how do I get the lock cylinder out ?
Can you get your key in and turn it? It's been awhile since I changed the key cylinder on a 95, but IIRC you either have to be able to rotate it with the key or you got some cutting to do.
When someone attempted to steal my daughters 94 Cavalier, back when she was in college, I simply went to the junk yard and snagged a different column and swapped them. It took less time and trouble than trying to repair the original one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cannot turn the key at all i have a replacement ignition lock cylinder but i cannot get the old one out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts