S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to drive a 88 s-10 with 2.5, all basic crap. Now i drive a 97 sonoma with the usual factory options, ac, PS,PB, etc. And let me tell u, i miss my lil 2.5 s-10. The 2.2 in my noma is a lil quicker if i rev her to redline and beyond, but its durability is no where as close to the 2.5. Why did chevy stop making the 2.5? I believe its the toughest motor ever built by gm and it would be cheap to do? They should of carried atleast into the 2nd gens, but boost the torque and hp up some. I will never understand it, it was the best motor and i miss my truck and if i could, i would of stuck with my 88 2.5 and stayed out of debt. All in all, the 2.5 is the toughest, durable, outstanding little motor ever i think and it should of continued on through the years. sorry driving my noma makes me want the 2.5 88 more and more. Keep on trucking 2.5er's keep the duke alive. roy

·
Day: Geek - Night: Nerd
337 Posts
I had a 2000 S10 Blazer - 4 door, 4.3L - Auto, BONE STOCK. I miss that think so much when I have to load up the family in the ext cab Xtreme. Once the xtreme starts up and we take off, that feeling goes away... I wanted an xtreme blazer but they are just so much $$$...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts