S-10 Forum banner

Maleficent engineers

582 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Monkeywrench78382 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So a long term squeek coming from front suspension , was a pain to find as its a beach climate so everything squeeks creeks or s some noise that is beyond radio up capability.......... Lets just say lower ball joint... I almost burned this truck today behind the extra level of engineers feel techs are over paid. So an axle and abs cable later down to the idler left to replace, Why did gm feel that this poor Lil truck needed level 7 care and special tools almost caddilac level of repair special tools and patience required. The heater core left me a bit salty on this blazer. Grrrrrrrr.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
youre also worried about a 40 year old throw away vehicle.
its old, get a new car.
There are a lot of vehicles that have the same syndrome; it's not an unique characteristic of the S series, GM, or any other manufacturer (U.S. or otherwise). There are plenty of examples where maximizing production efficiency and/or reducing costs take priority over serviceability. The increasing complexity / 'sophistication' of vehicles' mechanicals and electronics/ software compounds the issues.
That's really what I was on about homestly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.