S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WOULD BE NEW TO RACING ESPECIALLY IN A S-10...I WAS WONDERING IN ANYBODY HAS INFO ON WHICH GEARS TO ROLL ON AND WHAT I BASICALLY WANT TO KNOW IS HOW TO SMOKE ALL THESE RICE ROCKETS IN THE CITY....??? I HAVE A BRAND NEW XTREME 4.3 AUTO.....NEED ADVISE..ON NOS FOR THE XTREME

·
Registered
201 Posts
For the tranny:
-JET shift improver kit for the 4l60e
-2800rpm stall converter
-3.42 or 3.73 final gears

for the engine(bolt-ons):
-K&N Gen II intake
-Mass airflow sensor
-exhaust -- headers and all
-chip or programmer

-And if you have to much money --
:bah: force feed the SOB :bah:
-- The ATI Procharger seems to be the supercharger of choice.

If you get these completed, even without the charger, you can wipe the floor with any ricer that comes your way.:evilg:

·
Registered
354 Posts
sup
I have an Xtreme and i run best 13.47 @ 101 mph on NX 100 shot . I have an auto too and i'm one of the unlucky ones that got 3.08 gears on an auto with open diff . I bought an zexel posie and 3.73 gears from slp and i like it . I have an yank TT 2800 converter ( actualy stall at 2400 rpm ) they are rated for ls1 , i didn't know that , i just called yank and told them i want rthe yank TT2800 . But i ordered an yank ST3800 ( stalls 3200 rpm on S10 and about 3500 on nos ) and mike from yank told me i could get 1.70 60 feet easy ( now best is 1.801 ) and at 4 tenths of my 1/4 mile times . And i ordered an comp cam 215/220 dur , 500/510 lift , 114 lobe cam , valve spring , roller rockers , retainers , etc........... .
So my truck would be running 12s easy ( i'm crossing my fingers ) .
So now you have an idea how to make your Xtreme faster but it would cost alot of money . You could get all the cams and valvetrain components from www.machperformance.com and for good price . I think i will be the fastest Xtreme ( not S10 or sonoma ) on nitrous in this board after these mods . My engine will go out next month for the cam change and the haeds will be ported and gasket match too .
c-ya man , i hope i helped .

·
Registered
317 Posts
aye 99Xtreme_lover..... i've been planning my NX 75 kit for a while now, but 100 sounds alot nicer..... did you have to do any fuel system upgrades to handle that much????

·
Registered
354 Posts
sup blazo .
For an 100 shot the stock fuel pump is fine . But i wouldn't go anymore with stock fuelpump . It would be good to have an electric fuel presure gauge in the cab to see how much the fuel presure drop on the nitrous . It would drop from 56 psi to around 50 psi . Any more than that and i would recomend an inline pump .
c-ya

·
Registered
317 Posts
kewl, thanx

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey, if i'm at a 16.0 right now, how much would i drop off my 1/4 mile with a yank stall ????

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
99Xtreme_lover,

So without the juice what are you running?... I'm going to the track tomarrow and will post my times somewhere on this board...

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
mtl_hed

With just the stall... how much time could you pickup in the 1/4 mile...

What would this do for gas milage ect.... being a daily driver i aint trying to mess anything up to much lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
right now i just have intake and catback, spare tire/ roof rack removed, on my 2d 2wd 2001 blazer. 2 cars that i can beat consistantly are my boys civic si with a 15.7 slip, and his brother's 97 s10 ss with a 16.10 slip. o ya, and my buddies focus with a 14.3 slip i beat consistantly too (when his bottle is empty)
so i'm thinkin like 16.0 should be my 1/4 mile or somewhere close to it. but i dont deserve nitrous until i'm at least in mid 15's, so i wanna get there as fast as possible!!!! my next mod is gonna be a e-fan, then a rear end or stall, and pullies.
if u know of any mods that wont break the bank that give u alot, let me know. thanx guys for u'r help

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Get a big block and supercharger and be done with it!

:sheep:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Without the juice i run 15.10 , but i need pcm tuning . I think it should be around 14.70 .
hey blazo , before nitrous and when i had stock everything with some bold ons i ran 15.80 . I just put the nitrous kit and some slicks and it drop to 13.63 @ 101 mph th first time i tried it . Thats more then 2 seconds drop on the 1/4 mile . So i think you should be in the 13s too . And that was without headers too .
And 2001Xtreme , you would drop around 3 - 4 tents with the "corect stall " . I would go with the one 98esten has , he has the ST3200 rated for LT1 . IT is around 2800 rpm on motor and he likes it . He's getting 1.8xs 60 feet with that converter and slicks . So not bad at all .
c-ya

·
Registered
317 Posts
kewl, thanx 99x..... now i have something to shoot for.
if i'm gonna go that fast, i'll have to get rid of that damn one wheel peel for sure. any suggestions on how i should go about that??? locker, posi, or totaly different rear end?

·
Registered
354 Posts
For the diferentail go with the take of unit from SLP . They are ZEXEL/torsen dif taken offs from brand new Fbodies . I have it and i put 3.73 gears with it and it is holding fine with some 1.72 60 feet . The zexel are 100 bucks . Your diferential should be fine for now .
c-ya

·
Registered
317 Posts
ok, so i just looked at the yank home page and... the YANK TORQUE THRUSTER 3000 3.0 says it multiply's the stock torque by 3!!!! so there's alot of different ones i could get, which one will be the best to use? 2800, 3000, 3200, 3500 the list goes on... the tt2800 and the tt3000 looked the most intresting.
that zexel/torsen dif..... is that posi? if i get the yank, i'll just keep the 3.42 but the one wheel peel wont handle all that torque.

·
Rollin on 20s
60 Posts
BLAZO,

I ran at the track about a month ago and ran a best of 16.5... I was so pissed cause I couldnt get any traction at all! It was in the upper 40s...

So we went back out last night and I ran a best of 15.9! I was juiced. My first run I ran a 16.2, then a 16.1 and beat a Viper!! Well on paper it says I won anyway! LOL

I think I could probaly make it go a bit faster as I was able to get a lot more traction and on my last run I braked and then throttled it and took off maybe at 800RPM... So I might run a 15.8... For now need more mods lol

All I have right now is a catback, K&N FIPK intake, ported the MAF sensor and cut the restrictor plate. I havent been beaten by a S-10 yet in my area. I go cruising quite a bit too...

15.9 aint good I know, but I am x-cab, auto, 20in wheels and a tonnuea cover. So I have a lot of weight compaired to some of the other guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts