S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally decided on getting two 12" hx2 rockford fosgate subs (800 watt a piece for 200 set) and im thinking of getting two rockford fosgate bd1000.1 (1000watt amps) to push them 250 a piece on ebay (looking for 2 with warranty same for subs).....i know ima need a cap, and i think a splitter and im thinking im gonna have to run a lower guage wire (not sure what i have now). Also what kinda deminsions should i use for the box? what other features should i do to it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Even with a cap, you will most likely still have electrical problems. Look into a new alternator, or getting yours rewound. They will draw max about 75amps each, so 150amps total. Your stock alternator is not doing that, especially while running the vehicles electrical system. For the box, there should be some spec sheet that comes with the sub that will give you recommended enclosure size. If not, call RF, see what their tech says. They've done more tests on their product than you can imagine, they'll know what will perform best. As for wire, I'd use 1/0 to a fused distribution block, then 4ga to each amp. Look at spendind a pretty penny on wire, the distro block alone will be prob around 50bucks, prob another 50 for the fuseholder by the battery, and 0/1 wire isn't cheap either.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats tiight, ill wait and see if they send the box recomendations..but you thing the 2 RF 12" HX2 800watt's hooked upto two RF 1000watt amps is a good setup?? Im gonna get a friend to come over and help me w. the wiring. Thanks for your advice! (how much am i looking at for the alternator)

·
Registered
99 Posts
if you wanna run 2000+ watts you are not gonna need a cap, you are GONNA NEED a new alternator (200+amp) AND with that much power going to your subs your mids and highs will not be able to keep up to them, you will have to buy another pair of components.

another thing too if you wanna run a bd1000.1 to each sub go for the "power hx2" rockford subs. when you are talking about that much power you are gonna need serious electrical upgrades.

if you don't want too much hassle then just run 1 bd1000.1 to the 2 subs....it will be plenty. then with 1 amp you can run a cap and it will help but not with 2 bd1000.1s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts