S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since i just installed my new street scene mirrors i would like to say that if you use the gaskets that come with new mirrors and try to bolt the mirrors down they usually stick up at the top so to fix this look at the stock gasket and theres a thin spot for the weather stripping so either cut that part out of the new gasket or do like i did take the factory gasket off the stock mirrors and put them on the new mirrors so they will sit flush with the doors. another thing is i think this should be added to the how to on installing the mirrors cause i searched this problem and found a thread where alot of people had this problem

·
awd equipped
3,013 Posts
keen observation sir. i noticed after i installed mine a couple months ago they stuck out. then i was w/ some of my buddies lastnight and noticed that one of thier trucks had cal-vus but they sat flush unlike mine. kind of weird i was just thinking about this lastnight.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i pay alot of attention to details so i was like i cant have it sticking out like this it would drive me crazy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts