S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought some of the mandrel bend 180 degree tubing, i was planing on making my own intake but im not exctly sure on how im gonna make it??

got any ideas??

heres a link to a site where a guy used a mandrel bent exaust tubing like i got but its for a honda

http://www.teamdelsol.com/howto/coldair/diycoldair.htm

what do you think ??

thanks scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Intake

I made my own intake out of 3" PVC and it turned out nicely. I sanded it and painted it with high heat blue paint from AutoZone. I can notice a difference from when I put it on. I also have some additional tubing down to the bumper with an outlet for a Ram Air effect. It works pretty good and looks nice too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I didn't see a reply on whether the paint or the plastic melted on it. How long has it been in their again? What did you use to connect to the throttle body?

I bought a K&N drop in filter not too long ago so I'm going to use my stock airbox and run some pvc between the alternator and the block, removing the airbox.
Thanks,
Jay

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
to conenct to the TB, there is a black plastic piec that connects the 2200 resonator to the TB, take that off, and the 3 inch pipe should fit right where the 2200 box did, there is like a circle in a circle, hose clamp it to TB and there ya go, at least thats how I did my MAI

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
THATS WHERE I GOT MY IDEAS FROM, went to meineke and got the tubing bent like the volant....

Caleb

·
Registered
31 Posts
:D I noticed someone talking about a ram air type system. I was looking the other day trying to find a place to run somethign like that. If you could please post something or email me with some info I would appreciate it.
Ryan King

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cut a hole behind my license plate... That was the only big enough hole I could find. The only problem is that it only works when u take the license plate off and put it in the dash. So basically if u want to race take ur plate off and u will have ram air. If anyone else has any suggestions as to where to put a whole Id be glad to here about it..

·
Registered
31 Posts
s10 vette, I'm assuming that you are talking about the front license plate. If correct did you do this to your truck? Did you run a hose or vent of some sort into the airbox?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you want a real ram air setup that will enhance the look get a cervini's hood of the SS or the twin scoop ram air. They come vented so you just have to set-up the tubing and filter.
Or you could buy a front air dam with fog light cut outs and use the holes for your ram air. They would be small but you run them both into the same intake.
This crossed my mind for my Xtreme. I was just gonna get the fog lights that are next to the turn signals that came on some S10s and Blazers.:scary:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts