S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0LD SK00L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nice little 5x8' trailer that I am thinking about using as a starting point to haul my s10 around. I was thinking make a wider drop axle out of the straight axle and weld a ramp to each side of the original framing that the truck could roll up on. I was wondering what size square (or rectangular) tubing would be best bang for my buck that could support the weight of an s10? I'm thinking about adding 2' width and almost doubling the length so I know I will need to beef up the original framing as well.

·
0LD SK00L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could find one for a decent price. Kinda thought the A frame going to the hitch would be usable and the rest would be 2x3 tubing.

·
Sold :'(
7,561 Posts
Yeah, you don't want to carry the weight of a vehicle plus the trailer on just two tires and one axle's worth of bearings, etc. You would have so much changed that there wouldn't be much left of the original 5x8. Buy or borrow a trailer capable of carrying the load and keep your 5x8 handy for small jobs. A trailer of each size is always handy.

·
0LD SK00L
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny enough the person who has the garage also has a big trailer. Maybe a little oversized for an s10 and definitely too big for my truck to pull, but it seems like the best bet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts