S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2.2L 4 speed automatic 2001 S10 with an extended cab and it just so happens to be my daily but I want upgrade the whole truck while still keeping the original engine and transmission thing is I’m kinda broke so I’m trying to do it on a budget I want to redo my whole suspension, put in a limited slip, rebuild the engine and trans to make more power get now breaks, etc any suggestions?

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
131 Posts
Polyurethane bushings can be cheap and would improve suspension performance by making everything stiffer, Limited slip gearboxes for our rear ends can be had for around $300 new or you could go find a blazer with the 3.43 limited slip rear end and get the added bonus of disk brakes at a junk yard. Not really a lot that will make the 2.2l faster without spending a pretty large sum of money, but you should be able to swap in a 56mm throttle body, an efan, underdrive pulleys, headers and exhaust, or a cold air intake for some "cheap" power. If you want to go all out chevycavalierworld sells a 2.3l stroker kit for our motors but they can be quite pricey. If you want a stronger transmission you would probably be better off looking for a 94-95 2.2l s10 t5 transmission because they are rated at 240ftlb torque whereas our nv1500 is only rated at 180. From what i could tell building the nv1500 is not worth it after talking to a couple performance shops around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts