S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am not trying to get flamed. i dont know very much about suspension, i just know how to change shocks and put blocks and spindles...... i have a several friends that have a variety of bagged trucks.... before i go up to them and ask them for an install i want to get a little info so i can actually know what im talking about.... i read alot of posts.. i am aware that 2 links can f* things up, im not planning on laying frame or anything just something to play around with. (i would like to get as much height as i could when inflated)
so what am i looking at as far as setup ??? 4 link ??? what do i look for in good/bad bags,
the winters here in cali arent bad, so i dont think i would have a problem with froze valves but what are the more accident prone companies out there? valve sizes?? tubing sizes??
compressors, whats in a good compressor? what kind are you guys running? i'll prob go with 6 gallon... i dont think that is much "play time" but should be sufficient?
my alternator is fine, i have an aftermarket the is rate 150 but i tested it and it runs almost 170.
gas tank relocation???

most of all what am i look at price wise??
i have several very skilled friends who installed their own bags
i am a moderately skill welder myself and can handle all the electrical that goes into it... so without the price of taking it in to get installed what am i looking at for a mostly basic setup that i could get some height with (is 8-10'' asking too much??)

sorry for the novel..... and yes i have looked up prices on the web, but im sure that doesnt include the overall amount of money you would spend for a 100% complete setup..... well any help is appreciated

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
since you are not looking to lay out, and you want hella lift, in the front dont get drop spindles, you well get 2 extra inches of lift, but you won't lay out in the back i would go with the airbar, since you don't want to lay. I don't know how much lift you would get with the airbar. the air bar is bolt on, so it should be fairly simple to install. you could also go with the kp 6-link and a bolt in c notch. the kp will give you hella lift, and if you decide tou want to go lower, just get a bigger notch. the front is easy as well, it is all bolt on with the exception of having to cut the spring pocket for bag clearence. prices....check the forum you can find some good deals.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
:stupid: Wont lay out with dropped spindles?!?!?!

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
haha shit I missread that one... now I look like the dumbass my bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts