S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how many guys here would run the magnaflow 23717 y-pipe/convertor setup on their truck if they could get a mandrel bent magnaflow intermediate pipe as well to run the muffler of there choice??this includes the 98-99 models as well,which would have to run the 00 style 2 bolt pattern intermediate pipe.maybe 2 pipes to allow for center or offset inlet on the muffler.i've been in contact with a rep from magnaflow to see if there is enough interest in doing exactly that,so post up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from the magnaflow rep.manifold pipes are 2.0 id.y-pipe 23717 with both cats is $358.00 on summit with free shipping,its a complete bolt on setup.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engineers are looking for interest in using this for the 98-99 as well.the 00 up use a different int pipe.it appears that the 23717 kit and a catback kit for a 2000 together will fit the 98-99 models,but both kits have to be used,thats around a grand.with some int pipes you could get a y-pipe and int pipe for about $400.00 and use your own muffler and have a tail pipe fabbed.my spare tire is a full size 235/75/15 on a sonoma aluminum rim,not much room for a mandrel tailpipe thats been prefabbed to fit around a space saver spare.i guess all the posts i've been reading about ALL the interest in a better y-pipe is just talk,here a chance to take action.they want 50 units.

·
Registered
632 Posts
For what it's worth, I emailed Magnaflow, if I get an answer who knows, but they need to offer just the Y pipe as an option. Also they need to make it affordable, 400.00 is a bit out of reach, or justifiable for most.
I would buy the Y pipe alone if offered, I wouldn't have a problem with that.At least us poor folk would have a chance.

It's an awesome idea, I think Magnaflow, Walker, both know, that the Y pipe on the S10 is a flaw, and restricted part. Walker already has the 2" Y pipe alone for the Blazer 4x4, 4x4 pickup, so how hard would it be to make one for the 2wd pickup?

At almost 400.00 there probably won't be too many takers,imo, now, if they offered a 2" Y pipe for the 2wd, and no cat, then I believe it would move. For I believe there would be a lot of interest,
Around here,muffler shops just absolutely refuse and don't want to make a custom Y pipe,it would be so nice to have one available bolt on and go though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not at 400..........local muffler shop could fab up EXACTLY what you for a lot less
I agree, just getting somebody to do it, I have called every muffler shop here in town, they gave some lame excuse, it was illegal for put a bigger Y pipe. or I'll get back with you, and never do. Or it takes a special tool. lol lol

Might have to take it to the big city, and see if I can't get it done there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$358.00 shipped for the y-pipe and MAGNAFLOW CONVERTOR.the stock int pipe is crushed bent not mandrel bent like the magnaflow part is/would be.got some e-mails in to walker to see if they would do up a 2000 y-pipe 50525 style without the convertor.i might just go with the 50525 and walker int pipe for mine and fab the tailpipe.truck has 75,000 on the stock convertor.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$300.00 shipped for the 23717.said screw it,its on the way.$45.00 for the 53424 int pipe.$58.00 for the magnaflow muffler.i'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts