S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing some pictures of a few trucks that have some badass Mag-light holders installed in the interior. All I've been able to find are the stupid cloth belt holders.

Anyone have pictures of their setups and where they got their holders?

·
51,327 Posts
my friend has showed me some in his jeep magazine, almost convinced me to put one in my truck, but i dunno, i might still mount one in there, i'd check aftermarket jeep suppliers and stuff like that?

·
BeatSkeeter
4,111 Posts
Don't let the photos fool you, these things are beefy. And as long as you don't pull the straps away from the body, you won't break them.

I'll go and take some photos of them around a maglite...

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
the 2nd link would be good for guys who stay on the road i think, unless u drive down some rough roads, but for off-road guys, im betting a nice hole and that bitch would be on the floor rolling around

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
mag lights suck man, we have those holder/chargers at work and it sucks for everyday use, bublbs burn out, contacts corrode, plus they have a very low light compared to newer LEDs, those Luxeons they sell at sharper image are the shit, not cheap tho

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
if u wanna talk about good flashlights, get the StreamLight!!! BRIGHT as hell, and come with a nice charger, and one for the car, almost every techician at work has one! ive got a LED mag light, but when i have 120 bux to buy something besides tools, im buying one of those

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts

·
raceannouncer
66 Posts
The Sam's Club in the Rochester NY area sell a Mag-Light 2 flashlight set, one the 3 "D" cell model (which includes 2 snap-in and out holders that screw onto a flat surface) along with a 2 "AA" pocket flashlight. Just under $20.00...

Mike Paz

·
32,797 Posts
mag lights suck man, we have those holder/chargers at work and it sucks for everyday use, bublbs burn out, contacts corrode, plus they have a very low light compared to newer LEDs, those Luxeons they sell at sharper image are the shit, not cheap tho
A lot of guys don't carry maglites for use as a light source.:haha:

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
i have one of the new 3 watt LED maglights. by far the best maglight ive owned yet. and i went to the local hardware store and bought the maglight holder clamps and mounted em to the center console. they are cheap and have held every other D cell light i have had in there

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have one of the new 3 watt LED maglights. by far the best maglight ive owned yet. and i went to the local hardware store and bought the maglight holder clamps and mounted em to the center console. they are cheap and have held every other D cell light i have had in there
That's what I have, but nobody around here sells the mounts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the link Gary! I am the owner of Sierra Expeditions. I found this site from links into my website.

I dunno man, that looks like it'll brake quick.
The Quick Fist Clamps are an excellent solution to a flashlight mount. They are very rugged and were originally designed for exterior installation on emergency equipment (fire trucks) and have filtered their use into the automotive and general household items. In fact some companies incorporate them into their axe holders for use on roof racks. They are made of heavy duty transportation grade rubber and are not affected by hot or cold climates or salt. The rubber is also UV resistant.

Although not a S-10, here is a good review of the clamps.
http://www.expeditionswest.com/equipment/tacoma/quick_fist.html

I do not want to come across as trying to push my products as these clamps are available at many retailers, but would rather like to try and help you guys learn about this great product. If you have any questions on the clamps, feel free to let me know.

Wil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts