S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
So is this for the 01+ S10s or will it work with any OBDII?

Also, how does it really tune?

·
Mecha-Shiva
1,260 Posts
The Blown Blazer said:
So is this for the 01+ S10s or will it work with any OBDII?

Also, how does it really tune?
it looks to me like it work with any car that uses a MAF.

the maf works in conjunction with several other sensors to calculate the air/fuel ratio in ur engine.

having a programable maf means that u can controal the engin's ability to inject fuel.

basicly, it lets u increase or decrease the air/fuel ratio, while still operating with safe intake and exhaust temperatures.

and it lets u run a system with out the maf, so it sends a steady signal to the computer to keep up the fuel input, while still keeping the rest of the temps safe.

(try running your truck without a maf. itl run ritch and strong. however the increase in fuel, can rasie temps and literaly fry your o2 sensors and even destroy the inside of a cat-converter.)
this new toy allows you to safley controal fuel ratios, while allowing all ur truck's stock systems prevent dammage to the components.

·
Getting back to Boosting
881 Posts
DeMon76187 said:
and it lets u run a system with out the maf, so it sends a steady signal to the computer to keep up the fuel input, while still keeping the rest of the temps safe.
Speed density.

Jay

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Why micky mouse it? You can get tuner cat for cheeper, and just tune the computer.

Edit,
(try running your truck without a maf. itl run ritch and strong. however the increase in fuel, can rasie temps and literaly fry your o2 sensors and even destroy the inside of a cat-converter.)
Wrong. Running without the maf will not cause damage to the cats, and it won't cause you to run rich either. I ran maf less for 4 months last year, and fully plan on going back in a couple more months.

·
Banned
378 Posts
It is cal'd off speed density.. but you would be better off going route of a better map setup if you are boosted N/A that might be okay.. remember your maf will only read what it is scaled for. I maxed mine with 12 psi

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
MAF T pro is good for guys that cannot get software that supports 2 or 3 bar setups. I myself cut the resiloution in half and tune 2 bar with a 1 bar PCM.

What the deal is you get the MAF T on and tune it so she is all said and good till the power level that you max the maf. Then you can cut the values in half and redo all of you tables that are based on mass air flow...timing, ve and such. Lets you run twice the amount of air through the maf and have the PCM properly read it. Sort of a nice setup really and i have seen it work on 8 and 9 second caple F-bodies with the 98' PCM that all of the tuning software companies do not support speed density tuning for. This can really drive the auto vehicles nuts though and you either need to change more tables then you could imagine or just go vacume modulated.

·
Banned
378 Posts
hellbents10 said:
MAF T pro is good for guys that cannot get software that supports 2 or 3 bar setups. I myself cut the resiloution in half and tune 2 bar with a 1 bar PCM.

What the deal is you get the MAF T on and tune it so she is all said and good till the power level that you max the maf. Then you can cut the values in half and redo all of you tables that are based on mass air flow...timing, ve and such. Lets you run twice the amount of air through the maf and have the PCM properly read it. Sort of a nice setup really and i have seen it work on 8 and 9 second caple F-bodies with the 98' PCM that all of the tuning software companies do not support speed density tuning for. This can really drive the auto vehicles nuts though and you either need to change more tables then you could imagine or just go vacume modulated.

Spot on and the fact of the matter is look how easy we maxed out the maf even the fullsize truck maf maxed out.. I think you or I our some of our counterparts can rescale it back and narrow the resolution down but I think for most of these guys they should just stick with what is out for the trucks rather than trying to make it work.

Too easy to make expensive MAF related mistakes.

The tranny issue is also huge too my blazer shifted like ass with the old " mach " calibration in it because he had the maf totally blown.

And the latest Speed density that I have been working with we are running a reverse manual 400 trans no electronics neccisary.

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
i have an MAF translator for sale. Its not as fancy as the one shown on this thread but it serves the exact same purpose. PM me if interested.

·
FULL THROTTLE
365 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to see it made it over to the S10-Forum... My dad is the owner of Full Throttle Speed and Style, the makers of Translator Pro and MAF Translator. This may have already been stated but the T-Pro also can do closed loop boost control and AFR Tracking.

"i have an MAF translator for sale. Its not as fancy as the one shown on this thread but it serves the exact same purpose. PM me if interested"

You most likely have a Translator Plus. The Translator Pro and Plus are on totally different wavelengths, as to the Plus allows you to adjust ignition timing and MAF stuff. With a Translator pro, you can actually take your MAF Sensor off of the car with it running if you wanted to there is a video of it on fullthrottletech.com or maf-tpro.com

Anyways, PM me if you have any questions about this product!

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Licht said:
Wow, I'm glad to see it made it over to the S10-Forum... My dad is the owner of Full Throttle Speed and Style, the makers of Translator Pro and MAF Translator. This may have already been stated but the T-Pro also can do closed loop boost control and AFR Tracking.

"i have an MAF translator for sale. Its not as fancy as the one shown on this thread but it serves the exact same purpose. PM me if interested"

You most likely have a Translator Plus. The Translator Pro and Plus are on totally different wavelengths, as to the Plus allows you to adjust ignition timing and MAF stuff. With a Translator pro, you can actually take your MAF Sensor off of the car with it running if you wanted to there is a video of it on fullthrottletech.com or maf-tpro.com

Anyways, PM me if you have any questions about this product!
so you just have to splice into 2 wires off the maf and then the rpm and TPS for the install of this thing and then it will adjust itself to w/e a/f ratio you have it @? thats pretty cool for under $300

AND IT CAN ACT AS A WINDOW SWITCH AND NITROUS ARM- THIS THING IS AWSOME-

**puts FJO up for sale **

·
FULL THROTTLE
365 Posts
02_Vortech said:
so you just have to splice into 2 wires off the maf and then the rpm and TPS for the install of this thing and then it will adjust itself to w/e a/f ratio you have it @? thats pretty cool for under $300

AND IT CAN ACT AS A WINDOW SWITCH AND NITROUS ARM- THIS THING IS AWSOME-

**puts FJO up for sale **
To Be honest with you, I'm not sure but my Dad would be the one to ask about that if you have any questions I just know basic operations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts