S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the all the resonators off my 99 2.2 stock intake today and topped it off with a ractive heatsheild air filter. sounds great and adds ;ots of horeses!!! I took the really long resonator that hangs down and superglued a round peice of plastic to cover the hole and i took the insert out of the box that connects to the throttle body. can't beleive how much power that added. I'll post some pics when I get some. I am still gonna get a aftermarket one when I get the $$$$$!!

·
Med School member
179 Posts
What you did was bypassed the silencer (long piece on the same side of the battery next to the radiator) it serves no purpose but to silence the air intake. A lot of people just cap it with a spray paint can lid. Worls good. I havent done it do to the fact that my intake is on backorder, and I dont want to waste my time. I'll jsut remove the whole thing when I get that.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
yeah, he did that, and sounds like he also removed the sleeve that is in the "2200" box.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Yeah when I put on my TB spacer, I removed the sleve too, but I didnt feel any difference

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel alot of difference form removing both peices. I used to get blown away by my bros zx2 which is heavily modded. now I can keep up a little!!! one day i will beat him. I faith in my CHEVY!! Besides do you know how much air your losing when it goes down in that thing? alot!!

·
european member
67 Posts
picture of my work !
96' S10 2.2l
teddy

Attachments

G

·
took the cheap way out did we.....i have an apc intake that cost me $100 that s **** good for an intake and you can put any kind of filter on it you want....K&N,APC,Ractive,RiceMan, whatever you want...i am assuming ther is really only one way to route metal intake tube....soo they all are the same only difference is in the filter...which can be easily reaplaced with any 3" universal cone shaped filter....soo thats a neat idea for somebody on a budget.....Nopi usually has great deals on stuff for s-10's. thats where i got my intake Nopiwww.nopi.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts