S-10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
The Vehicle Dynamics Bro.
4,699 Posts
LOL Spiros @ extreme tuners has a great machine shop they partnered with.

·
The Vehicle Dynamics Bro.
4,699 Posts
Making a Rifle?

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Making a Rifle?
just adding a 2nd take down screw. i think making a rifle would be a little illegal.

i used cermet for the first time today. i got a 10 pack of tungaloy tpmr 322 for $20 on ebay. i love ebay for indexables. anyway, cermet is fuking awesome. it cut cleaner and seemed like it required less hp, and best of all, almost no built up edge. this is compared to the C2 shit i had before in the end mill in the pics above.

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
it's not. aslong as you never ever ever ever try to sell it or give it away. 100% legal to have a unserialized firearm aslong as you can prove made it yourself, for yourself
good to know. i have made a few mini cannons on the lathe before though. i still need to build a mount for them and drill the fuse hole. i have yet to fire one. i have a piece of 6" round by about 10-12" 4140 i was going to make a soda can mortar with. as long as its muzzle loaded and doesnt have an open breach, i can do what i want for the most part.

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
here are the plans for the block of 6061 in he very first pic for mr 98lowerednewproje.
they are drop-setback-angle blocks.

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts

·
Slowly but eventually
2,961 Posts
I assume that is done so you can see your scribe lines better? My grandfather just always scribes the surface without it, although I am sure that at 76 it would help him see better..........

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I assume that is done so you can see your scribe lines better? My grandfather just always scribes the surface without it, although I am sure that at 76 it would help him see better..........
yes and normally so do i. but i wanted to be able to just see it instead of having to look at it at the right angle, and i didnt want to have to scribe deep into the aluminum. it took 30 min. to make 1 cut across that block!

·
Slowly but eventually
2,961 Posts
Geez.........is your bandsaw set up to start it and do other stuff while its cutting, or do you have to stand there and stare at it?

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
oh hell no lol. I dropped my springs out, answered a few emails, made some lunch. its a cheap harbor freight dry saw, and for some reason it doesn't like aluminum. i need to buy some quality blades.the saws at work would have had that done in a few minutes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Cornerin Demon
4,114 Posts
just adding a 2nd take down screw. i think making a rifle would be a little illegal.

i used cermet for the first time today. i got a 10 pack of tungaloy tpmr 322 for $20 on ebay. i love ebay for indexables. anyway, cermet is fuking awesome. it cut cleaner and seemed like it required less hp, and best of all, almost no built up edge. this is compared to the C2 shit i had before in the end mill in the pics above.

you just went into another language sir...

it was like me back when i played WoW

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
you just went into another language sir...

it was like me back when i played WoW
i used an advanced ceramic alloy cutting blade for the first time today. i got a 10 pack of tungaloy(brand) triangular shaped, 3/8" big, 1/8" thick, 11 degree back rake cutting edge, with a tolerance of 0.001-0.005" with no center hole and a mechanism for making the metal chips (chipbreaker) smaller, cutting blades for $20 on ebay. i love ebay for flip able/reusable cutting blades. anyway, advanced ceramic alloy is fuking awesome. it cuts more better and seemed like it required less horsepower, and best of all, almost no melted metal stuck to the blade edge. this is compared to the grade 2 carbide shit i had before in the milling tool in the pics above.
how bout now :haha:

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
not bad! did you mill the bracket from a piece of angle iron?

heres some pretty chips from work yesterday. i love chips. enlarging a 3/4" hole to 1.5" with a 2 flute end mill in some 3/16" steel plates. its funny how the plate bends under the stress and pops out "dome" shaped washed

·
9" strait pipes...
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
theyre done 98lowerednewproje!

pics suck, cell phone

·
Slowly but eventually
2,961 Posts
Sweet, now I have to remember to get measurements for the transmission spacer. I know its a bit off topic, but you got these done, right about the time I decided to start on a SFBD frame for the same truck......I think sometimes I am as bad as a woman.

·
Slowly but eventually
2,961 Posts
Someone said shiny?

21 - 40 of 74 Posts