S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a Mach Flash, Where do you get one, And How much $?

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Mach Performance recently machined my heads and sent me their Roller Rocker Upgrade kit. I was VERY pleased with the worksmanship and quality on everything. I STRONGLY recomend them to anyone. Look at all the people that have had stuff done by them, theres tons. I don't even know who Ed Wright and Websters even are!

Oh a reflash is the reprogramming of the computer. He can adjust for new tire sizes, cams, ex. It allows you to take full advantages of your modifications. Alot more indepth than a silly programmer.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
964pt3 said:
Ed Wright and Websters are cheaper!!!! Guys over at SY TY will tell you stay away from Mach products!!

whys that?

·
Banned
378 Posts
Mach worth the money No question.

Mach versus anyone else.. Get the straight talk on the straight line. Mach performance can custom taylor your reflash to your specific engine build and work with you as the customer to get the gains that you want to get that can be acheived with the combo that you have. The experience they have hands on to make their flash's work versus anyone else has been bar none in my eyes. I drove 4000 miles from detroit to las vegas with them and saw the proof in the product as well as feeling the power at the wheels. If you want a generic relfash listen to the guys who bash him and see what you get. The more you complain the cheaper you get.. right? Well remember this you get what you pay for. I have several projects in progress and several finished my opinion of Mach not only as a machine shop but as a source for s- series technical advice. Bar none. So for the whiners at sy-ty..it could be the competiton,becuase a 2 wheel drive truck built by mach does what their all wheel drive truck can do with half the noise a portion of the weight and a portion of the cost.. oh yeah.. and last the long run..Trust me on that I will go to the plate with anyone that says otherwise. I have the speeding ticket to prove it when I was trying to pace with the Mach truck In Texas. Much repect to the sy-ty guys that are out there and doing it. For a truck that is 13 years old they run. But the new technology might give sy-ty run for it's money. Make no mistake I love the 1st gen trucks and I wish I owned one at one point. But as for Mach being worth the money. It truely is. I had him do my reflash over a year ago and I have put 28k on the truck trouble free no check engine lights no problem with Illinois emmisions. And by the way No nitrous the valve covers never off. And I ran 14.40 with bolt on's. You want the proof don't ask for a video. Come on out Next spring when my stuff is out of storage and we will talk.
As for the slander.
Reserach first.
Facts hold the longest
Again the door is open the track is dry and my tires are hot.
Anyone want's to talk about his reflash next year when my stuff is back out of it's sleeping place.
Meet me here, Settle it the way we do things in Chicago. On the street. The proof is in the rearview mirror. It might just be you.:stickpoke

15,113 Posts
964pt3 said:
Ed Wright and Websters are cheaper!!!! Guys over at SY TY will tell you stay away from Mach products!!
:dunno: i dont know why you say that.

either way, having hung out with Bill for a few days this summer, he admits he really doesnt offer anything for SyTys, so why would the topic of MachPerformance even come up??
They probably dont recommend Mach over on syty.net to other SyTy owners cause there is no real product for us at Machperformance right now.

Bill was talking about making downpipes and exhausts, ect ect, but said his plate was pretty full right now.

Either way, I have no problems with Bill, if anything, I would go to Bill before I would go to Jerry McCoy, Mike Lee or Rockford Racecraft if he offered what I needed reguardless of cost, I would rather have good service.

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
I am not even going to get started on this post....

but I will tell you one thing. At one point in time I contacted Ed Wright about getting my computer programmed by him for the Supercharger kit and when I spoke with him he actually told me to stick with Bill Mach because his knowledge of the 4.3 was much greater than his.

Mike

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
xblazinlv said:
Bill Mach because his knowledge of the 4.3 was much greater than his.

Yep thats what I was thinkin. Ed charges 400 to bills 500. So whats the extra 100. Well you're getting someone with TONS of knowledge on that area. When it comes to the modding 4.3L there is no competition Mach Performance is the one.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
xxosiris9xx said:
whys that?
All the reflashers are doing is lessening the torque management or removing the timing delay all together, thats 2/3's of the gain. As far as the tune portion there only slightly attacking the timing and fuel curves as this still is a generic game being played. NO ONE has any idea how the tune could actually go without having it on a wideband diagnostic equiptment while tuning is being done. Each vehicle is different and responds differently to each mod when added so generically safe is how there done, plus the fact areas of OBD2 are locked and not permited access. As far as the rest goes he's not doing anything others couldnt do if they wanted to for more often than not very expensive rates. SY-TY guys if you look at there forums tell others to shy away from that work and products, thats not me saying it, its all over there forums!

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
964pt3 said:
SY-TY guys if you look at there forums tell others to shy away from that work and products, thats not me saying it, its all over there forums!

Tha'ts funny since I am a syty guy since I own a syclone. I have never once read anything about not doing business with mach performance from a syty person. Do you have links to the threads?? I would like to see these threads.

Mike

·
Banned
378 Posts
I think it was made clear that Mach doesn't offer any sy-ty parts at this time. So why would the Sy-ty guys want to go away or to him.. other than his knowledge. Right? In response to you saying it is nearly impossible to tune each truck without a wideband.. Do you know that infact a good majority of Mach customer's run a wideband and Have had their vehichles set up with it? Hence why I said He can custom taylor a flash to each application. Something that the other guys don't do.. making it generic. Right? Right.

And So you know that I am not just blowing smoke up your can can.. I an a certified Test and Balance engineer in both air and hydronic systems. My job consists of testing, setting up, Installing and designing high velocity air and water systems. Some in Nuclear faclities as well as just normal high rise buildings. I have worked in some of the largest buildings in the U.S. doing what I do with airflow. Before that I worked from a parts counter to get though college as well as serving a full apprenticeship as a union metal worker. I also ran a 1966 ChevyII In the NMCA Easy street class in 1997 and 1998 running in the 9 second bracket natrually asperated. I have moved on and I own 3 s-series trucks and a 87 El camino that runs in the 9's on a 9 inch tire.

Stop trying to discredit a company you know little about and pushing rumors and hearsay. Rumors lead to child like actions.

Can't you all play nice in the sandbox?
:werd:

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
Revolution said:
I think it was made clear that Mach doesn't offer any sy-ty parts at this time. So why would the Sy-ty guys want to go away or to him.. other than his knowledge. Right? In response to you saying it is nearly impossible to tune each truck without a wideband.. Do you know that infact a good majority of Mach customer's run a wideband and Have had their vehichles set up with it? Hence why I said He can custom taylor a flash to each application. Something that the other guys don't do.. making it generic. Right? Right.

And So you know that I am not just blowing smoke up your can can.. I an a certified Test and Balance engineer in both air and hydronic systems. My job consists of testing, setting up, Installing and designing high velocity air and water systems. Some in Nuclear faclities as well as just normal high rise buildings. I have worked in some of the largest buildings in the U.S. doing what I do with airflow. Before that I worked from a parts counter to get though college as well as serving a full apprenticeship as a union metal worker. I also ran a 1966 ChevyII In the NMCA Easy street class in 1997 and 1998 running in the 9 second bracket natrually asperated. I have moved on and I own 3 s-series trucks and a 87 El camino that runs in the 9's on a 9 inch tire.

Stop trying to discredit a company you know little about and pushing rumors and hearsay. Rumors lead to child like actions.

:werd: :bash:

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
Revolution said:

you are new to the forums ? i have never seen you before.
what does your truck/s look like ? would it happen to have flames on a 98+xcab ? pics ? chitown ?

·
Banned
378 Posts
Not new to the forums.

I am not New to the forums. I just lay silent. I watch I listen and learn. But I had to say something at this point it is bullshit that people sit and attack a guy who is trying to acutally help out the s-series guys.

I have a 95 sonoma x-cab dropped on 18 inch boyd's
Sunset copper metalic. I did the body and paint
A black 98 x-cab the one I spoke of with the reflash
Did all the work less the computer
I also have an 02 Blazer X that I am working on.

You can see them on my website. Under development

www.RevolutionRacing.net

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
ok, different dude. that guy had a mach charger i think.

maybe we will meet at the track someday.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
Revolution said:
my 98 x cab
Tranny was worked over By my guy here.
Engine all stock
edlebrock headers
Grantitelli mass air
K and N gen 2 with some reworking done in the plumbing and Custom exhaust that I made here in my garage Dumping out to a 2 chamber flowmaster at the rear bumper
Bill did the computer flash I also threw in a new pump from turbo city. I had a vortec sq setup on this particular truck in 99 and melted the engine down. The actual engine I did all the bolt on's to I bought off ebay for 1500 bucks. So all in all what I ended up getting out of the truck was fantastic. Also those times are on slicks with 373's
ahh, 3.73 & slicks, i see now. i got 3.73 since my sig time, no slicks, yet. can i borrow the slicks ? you>:kiss: <me :D lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts