S-10 Forum banner

LT1 swap questions....

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  orange_sdime98 
#1 ·
OK for all you lt1 guys i need some help. i have a couple of questions about some lines that i need to get answered. First of all about the tranny cooling lines? The lines come off of the water pump correct and run down the passenger side of the motor? What can i do about these will the stock ones from the lt1 fit or do i need to cut or what? Also about power steering lines what do i do about those? I am looking to get a f body motor but i dont want to notch the frame. is there a way i can put the vette accesories onto the f body motor? I know its alot and probably alot of simple questions but i just want to know what exactly im getting myself into here. Maybe i can talk to one of you guys who swapped a LT1 into a 2nd gen on AIM or something it would help me out ALOT!!

#2 ·
Wow youre way off base man. Tranny cooler lines do not run thru the coolant system, they run from the tranny to the radiator, into a cooler thats built into it. So as long as your radiator is set up for automatic tranny, youre set. Ya you can put the vette accessories on the maro motor, you just need to find all of them...

#3 ·
awesome dave that helped alot!! What lines go into the water pump? I think there are 5 outlets on the motor so im just wondering what ones go into the pump. Also for the vette accesories i need what things. the belt, brakcet, ac compressor, alternator, power steering pump. am i missing anything besides all the lines? Will the stock power steering lines from the vette work or do i need to fab some up?

#4 ·
The lines that come off the water pump are bypass hoses and heater hoses. As far as the p/s lines u might be able to use the stock ones from the truck. U might have to use adapters on the high side. As far as the parts listed that sould be all u need to convert to driver side acc.

#6 ·
the coolant lines that come from the back pass side head go to the thottle body and then out to the radiator. Most LT1 guys like me just run that line straight from the head to the radiator instead of through the TB which will let it run cooler and give a few more hp. Other than that I ran a shortened caprice upper hose to the stock 4.3L radiator and 1/2 of a lower caprice hose and a stock 4.3L hose with a 1" pipe in the middle.

this was months ago before it was finished. I lost all those pics in a recent computer crash

#7 ·
94FlamdS10Blazr said:
the coolant lines that come from the back pass side head go to the thottle body and then out to the radiator. Most LT1 guys like me just run that line straight from the head to the radiator instead of through the TB which will let it run cooler and give a few more hp. Other than that I ran a shortened caprice upper hose to the stock 4.3L radiator and 1/2 of a lower caprice hose and a stock 4.3L hose with a 1" pipe in the middle.

this was months ago before it was finished. I lost all those pics in a recent computer crash
ok you lost me man with that first sentence. Most of the line sthat i will Need ON THE ENGINE itself i will get with the swap right?like vacuum hoses and such?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.