S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a 93 Camaro LT1 in my 95 s10. Since there is a inlet, outlet, engine cooling air bleeder from the heads to radiator, and engine water bypass that comes out of bottom of waterpump to radiator. Should I use a LT1 Camaro Radiator that has all these hook ups, or can I use a 4.3 radiator or the 86 vette radiator with some way else of running the hoses. All help and pics are appreciated.

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
you can use the 4.3l radiator. the bypass on the bottom of the waterpump is for a heater hose, the air bleeder i actually hooked up to the thermostat housing by taking the bleeder out and putting a fitting in, and the rad hoses go on the way the 4.3l hoses go on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for all the info. one more question though, i thought the two heater hoses connect on the passenger side of the pump. i was wandering about the smaller bypass on the driver side... or do i have to do a little re-routing?

·
Registered
365 Posts
whittmotorsports said:
thanks for all the info. one more question though, i thought the two heater hoses connect on the passenger side of the pump. i was wandering about the smaller bypass on the driver side... or do i have to do a little re-routing?
I used the corvette radiator. I bypassed the heater hoses, and tee'd the vent tube from the heads into the top radiator hose. I also removed the factory oil cooler and got rid of those coolant lines. I'll try to get pics later today if you need them.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
what ya could do is totally bypass that hose yourtalking about. if you go over onto www.cz28.com they have a bunch of info on it. im running a becool radiator and it actually has a port open so we welded in a bung for the steam tube coming from the back of the heads.

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
the hose you are talking about runs through the throttle body and into the cooling system. the coolant runs through the throttle body to aid in cold weather driveability in the northern state or where the temp drops below freezing for extended time. you can bypass that by hooking directly from the tube from the head into the cooling system. this will actually lower the incomming air temp when the engine is at operating temp. some people have claimed this increases horsepower, but i doubt you will actually "feel" it. like i said before, i got a pipe thread barbed hose fitting from the local hardware store and removed the bleeder screw in the lower radiator hose outlet or thermostat housing and ran a section of rubber hose from the tube to the fitting. i topped off the coolant with the hose disconnected to help purge the air out, and haven't had any issues with it. you also won't need to hack up a radiator hose to make a tee work. nice and simple, and it can be made to look very nice as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for all the info..... i know how i want to run everything now..... id like to see some of anyones pics on there setup if anyone has some handy...

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
Mike8756 said:
Here's a page that provides hose tee's for the LT1 swap.
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_TPI-TBI_Brass-Tees.html

mike your back!!! its been so long since we've heard "buy my book" from you. darn, and i thought you were mad at us. did you ever advertise your book or are you going to repeatedly post, "its in my book, buy my book". yup, i sure am glad to hear "it's in the book, buy my book" again. i don't know what i would have done without the constant and never ending preaching about the book.:)

·
9 sec. street truck!!!
2,058 Posts
Hey Mike......How are you doing?....Not that I really care.
Oh and BTW.......I collected about 12 of your books.....and the only useful thing that I could find to do with them was start a fire........and they didn't do to well at that either.

So.......have you committed any CREDIT CARD FRAUD lately?

·
Registered
221 Posts
IHEARTCARS said:
mike your back!!! its been so long since we've heard "buy my book" from you. darn, and i thought you were mad at us. did you ever advertise your book or are you going to repeatedly post, "its in my book, buy my book". yup, i sure am glad to hear "it's in the book, buy my book" again. i don't know what i would have done without the constant and never ending preaching about the book.:)
I'm not mad at you guys. Just been developing parts for other vehicles:
Chevrolet Colorado, RX7 V8 swaps, etc.
I even developed a low cost aluminum replacement door handle to replace the weak plastic handle on the third door of extended cab trucks.
Occasionally, I come on to this website to see if I can help others involved in S-10 V8 swaps, who have problems with cooling the V8.
I'm glad you missed me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts