S-10 Forum banner

LT1 Guys Help ME

2K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  FSTFBDY 
#1 ·
Where did you get your wiring redone? How much did it cost you and do all the stock gauges work?

#2 ·
speed scene wireing did mine i sent them my stock harness and they sent me back a 100% plug and play harness plugs right into the fuse box like stock and hookes up to everything i used all aftermarket guages and ditched stock ones cause i didnt wanna run 2 pcms but they can wire it up to use stock guages

#6 ·
no matter how good you think you can be at wireing you cant beat the speed scene setup not one splice at all i would not wanna try to figure out what one wire in 100 came undone and the truck wont start do it right the first time and never have to do it again all come down to the quality you want your swap to have

#7 ·
just saying my own opinion, i am by no means an expert at wiring, but i dont have 100 wires either, thats a huge exaggeration, since i had my old wiring harness, and the harness for the lt1, it only made sense to splice them together.

if you want to save some time and have someone else do it, go ahead and pay your money, no big deal

#8 ·
ibanez691 said:
no matter how good you think you can be at wireing you cant beat the speed scene setup not one splice at all i would not wanna try to figure out what one wire in 100 came undone and the truck wont start do it right the first time and never have to do it again all come down to the quality you want your swap to have
I am kind of good at wiring, I bet I could do it myself and beat their setup. :thumbup:

Which harness did you send them, the engine or the truck?
Also, how do they take either one, and make it in to something that fits with your swap, but not splice any wires?

#9 ·
i sent them the engine harness from he 2.2 and they only needed it for the pig tails and they used all new lt1 pig tails and all new wire no splices

#12 ·
ok so now im getting a mixed signal here. so some of you are saying do it yourself? so your splicing all the 2.2 wires to fit the LT1 harness so you scrap the 2.2 comp right. Which is the same as speed scenes setup they just have a pretty plug and play deal? how did you guys do it just take the wiring diagrams and match it all up? because dont both of the connectors coming out of the comp run both gauges accesories and the motor so you would have to redo all of them.

#13 · (Edited)
GoofyGuy said:
ok so now im getting a mixed signal here. so some of you are saying do it yourself? so your splicing all the 2.2 wires to fit the LT1 harness so you scrap the 2.2 comp right. Which is the same as speed scenes setup they just have a pretty plug and play deal? how did you guys do it just take the wiring diagrams and match it all up? because dont both of the connectors coming out of the comp run both gauges accesories and the motor so you would have to redo all of them.
I sat down with a LT-1 factory manual and a printed schematic from GM on the truck. Most of the stuff was really simple (eg: temp sensor is dark green to dark green) after about 2 days the whole thing was integrated. I did it again on a 91 full size blazer with a TPI, then again with a Jeep and a 91 TPI. Once you get the hang of it there are only about 6 wires to get the engine running, the guages and lights are pretty simple too. This was a 94 LT1 so we had the chip burned.

EDIT: I've still got the factory LT-1 Manual, I'd be glad to shoot some pics of the schematic and post them for ya.

#15 ·
GoofyGuy said:
had the chip burned damn it something else that forign to me. And yeah that would be cool of you to do that. Maybe put me on the right track. Also the S-10 the 2.2 comp was tossed right.
Yea man we tossed that to the wayside. What year is your truck? This one was a 95. Although I'm sure there can't be much difference in any of the other years. It seems GM goes more and more stand alon the newer they get.

#20 ·
They reburn the chip so that VATS (Vehicle anti-theft system) is eliminated. It also can be burned so that the smog is eliminated as well. You can have alot of stuff done to the chip, eg: adjustments for wieght, headers, shift points etc. I would ask around to find a shop that could do the burn. There's alot out there.

#23 ·
I would start with a complete LT1 harness then mate it to the truck's. You could get another harness just in case but you probably won't need it. Talk to some of the other guys on this board have wired it up by themselves too. You could ask around and see if they have any pics or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.