S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im not sure about this but can a LT1 give you the goofy idle that sounds like a old style muscle car when its sittting there idlein? I would like it to be eratic but I dont know if the engines computer wont go insane. I like the sound what do you guys reccomend?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Cam would be the best option, can also get rid of the catalytic converter, I noticed a choppier idle on my stock 4.3 when I removed my cat.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of cam would you reccomend would it affect the accesories or the gas milage?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Don't know of a specific cam, I would say comp cams or crower most likely have a cam that will be what you are looking for. As far as affecting accessories, shouldn't have any affect on them. Gas mileage, that's up to you! I am sure you will need some type of pcm calibration if you go with a real big cam but I am no pro on LT1's so someone else may have better info. Good luck.

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
Go as big as you want till you have a hard time getting vaccum for the power brakes. Just have to have the comperter flashed to compinsate. You will have a nice lumpity lump idle:)

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can you give me some ideas to something not to extreme but I do love that old school muscle car idle. duration/overlap

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
hell.. clicking all the movies..

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Comp Cam 306 camshaft(.544/.577 lift-230/244 duration @.050)
Comp Cam Pro mag 1.6 rockers
""""

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so far so good everyone agree. I think with a good cam and soem serious mufflers borla or dynomax I could creat a very intimidating sound sitting at a light. I just want it to sit there and put out the race me and you will lose sound.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
I took my exhaust off my truck, and drove it a little bit with just a cat..

I couldnt hear my friend trying to talk to me, sitting in the passenger seat..

Just giving him ideas for lopey bumpsticks..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
if you are going to get a big cam like the 306 you better do soemthing to the heads or it wont be worth it as the 306 cant breathe really good with stock heads. But as soon as you port those hads that 306 will come to life. Another cam you may want to look into is the GM 847 cam. very very aggressive. go over to www.cz28.com and look around their LT1 tech forum. Youll find your answers there.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont really want agressive to where the brakes and stuff dont have enough vac just want that lopey idle and frigin bad ass exhaust note.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
if you just want a lopey idle call the guys over at www.cmotorsports.com and talk to one of their tech guys. Tell them what you want and they will point you in the right direction for what youll be doing. Even the small cam i will be getting has a very big lope to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts