S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I need to get to work
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that LSD was something around a 250 dollar option for a 1998 S-10. I just got my truck, and it has an extended drivetrain warranty, so I'm guessin if I try to do anything to the rear end myself, it'll void it. So... can I take it to the dealer and have them put one in?

If not, and I decide to throw away the warranty(or keep it, without them knowing I did anything)... what can I do? Are there just parts to swap out from inside the pumpkin, or do I have to swap out the whole thing?

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
I would not suggest doing your own Diff unless youve done one or two before.

There is more to than just swaping parts. You need to check various measurements if you want it done correctly. However you can just slap it up in there, but it may not last nearly as long as it should. It might last 1 week/month/year... but if its done correctly it should last the vehicles life.

Have you checked into a Zexel Diff? Runs about 100 bucks and from what Ive heard a shop can put it in for another 100.

·
I need to get to work
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, I kinda just realized there was a board for transmission and rearend after I posted :bowtie:

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
I asked the same thing when I was looking for a new truck. I had it in writing that if the dealership put the limited slip in, it would not void the warranty. But I had to buy the factory limited slip, not aftermarket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts