S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
alright, what could i do to the heads, or what heads can i put on it?
There are many things you can do. What are your goals? Whats your budget?

Budget some time doing some research too...

·
never finished.
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know what i can do to a 5.3l, thats my goal is a 5.3. but if i happen to come across a 4.8, i'll get it. i have a couple of books on the 3rd gen motors, but the authors really don't say much about the lil 4.8. i could get a 5.3l, an ls6 cam and get in the upper 300s as far as hp, and have plenty of torque...but the 4.8l doesn't seem as simple..

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
yep, why get a 4.8 when you can get a 5.3 for the same price..........

·
Registered
146 Posts
anything you can do to the 5.3 you can do to the 4.8. it has the same heads and bore. I think it was gm tech did a test on the ls6 cam in the 4.8 5.3 and 6.0 the cam with a tune gave the 4.8 about a 30hp increase.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
Are you in a hurry? Look for a lower mile 5.3L......:idea:

Did you not see the 50lbft difference on the graph???

·
never finished.
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, i know what ur sayn. the goal is a 5.3l. what would the power gains be if i put the new l92 heads on...and would i have to get the l76 intake...or could i use my intake or a new fullsize intake?

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
You cant put L92 heads on anything that has a 4.0" bore (6.0Ls) or smaller. They wont fit on 5.3Ls.

·
Registered
284 Posts
don't forget to change your pushrods to match the cam.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
don't forget to change your pushrods to match the cam.
Go a step further, change you pushrods because the stock ones bend. I had a new set of Comp Cams .105" wall pushrods in my truck within a week of having it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts