S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Switched to the NOS LS1 plate a couple of weeks ago. Seemed to make a difference. The truck went [email protected] 104.47. It went [email protected] The time before that on the nozzle. Funny thing is, is the 60' times were almost a full tenth slower due to the fact that the neutral rev limiter decided to start working and I could only launch at 4500. But it still went almost the same ET but gained a full MPH. So it seems to have made more power. Jets are the same from the nozzle to the plate. Im going to disable the neutral rev limiter and Im also going to up the pills to the 150 shot but I just wanted to stop by and let you nitrous guys know that this plate with just a little modification fits right on our trucks and works great. BTW I dont have any pics of it right now but I will have some this weekend after I switch the pills.

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. heres a couple of pics I just went out and snapped with my phone. I was looking around for some tools to take it apart but since i just moved Im not really sure where all my home tools are.

Nitrous inlet

Fuel inlet reclocked from how its supposed to be on LS1 so it will clear injector return line

This pic shows how I had to cut the top of the plate to get it to fit around the injector body flange

And this pic shows how it looks under the TB. Im gonna get a little more creative with my wiring and feed line routing and the entire kit should be pretty much invisible to all except the most discerning individuals.

·
S-series abuser
694 Posts
Good numbers! Cant say Ive seen much about your truck on here? Is the mod list in your sig still accurate? You said you were gonna up the shot to 150, what size shot for those times 100 or 125???

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods in sig are current. All times are with the 100 shot so far. Gonna up to 150 for the next funday sunday which is next weekend.

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.73 is the best it has gone so far. I made some changes to the suspension a couple of weeks ago and havent been able to get a decent 60' since. 1.86 is the best since the change. But also having rev limiter problems that wont allow me to leave any higher than 4500

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well went to the track today and tried the 150. Stock fuel pump and stock tune finally caught up to me. Burned up three plugs but it went 8.13 @ 84. Thats a 12.6X So I put new plugs in it and put the 100 pills back in it and it responded with a [email protected] 105 It just seems to keep going faster and faster every time I bring it to the track. So from here I will be doing a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous. 1 gallon cell up front where the windshield washer fluid reservoir is with a holley blue pump running 116 fuel. Then I wont have to worry about fueling issues. The only limit from there is the stock pistons.

·
Check your ground
30,848 Posts
Nice time. Have you upgraded your internals? How many miles are on your motor? Got a full size pic of your truck?

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice time. Have you upgraded your internals? How many miles are on your motor? Got a full size pic of your truck?
Nope. Its all stock except for exhaust and nitrous.

Heres your pics

·
Registered
493 Posts
You need gears.

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
Are you adding a ignition system to it to help burn the C-16 you plan to run through the dedicated system.

·
Mafia Customz
748 Posts
disturbing v6 is the man he know his stuff hey disturbing did you ever check out them 6.000 rods we talked about along time ago

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
I talked to Crower about them. When I'm ready to go flat broke again and if I wanna go 6 inch they switch a set of there maxi's over for me. I'm kinda past already what they have them rated for HP wise.

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im not planning on putting gears in the truck until I do a T56 or i put a 12 bolt in it. Those two will likely happen at the same time. For now I think it runs fine on the 3.08s I dont know of too many other stock 210,XXX mile trucks running 12.8Xs with just nitrous and slicks. Definitely planning on a ignition upgrade. Was looking at the 6AL2 box because it comes with a two step already built in. Also getting EFI Live so I can pull some timing out and tune it once the other motor is together.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would skip the T56 and go TKO. easier to swap in, lighter, and just as strong.....just one less gear.

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
T56 isnt hard to swap into my truck at all. As long as I use an LT1 unit I can use all stock application parts that can be had all over the country at any time. Not to mention its cheaper.

·
Registered
696 Posts
been there done that.

most 4.3L blocks are not drilled for a 153T starter.
speedo won't work without a box or diff mounted pickup
have to wire up the reverse lock-out
stock y-pipe won't work
you will have to mod your crossmember or relocate it.

it also weighs a ton and you HAVE to run some different gears (I ran 3.08's with mine for about 5 months.....could do 50mph in 1st) a TKO will cost just as much and parts are even easier (since it uses a standard clutch instead of the reverse pull LT1 only setup)

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
been there done that.

most 4.3L blocks are not drilled for a 153T starter.
speedo won't work without a box or diff mounted pickup
have to wire up the reverse lock-out
stock y-pipe won't work
you will have to mod your crossmember or relocate it.

it also weighs a ton and you HAVE to run some different gears (I ran 3.08's with mine for about 5 months.....could do 50mph in 1st) a TKO will cost just as much and parts are even easier (since it uses a standard clutch instead of the reverse pull LT1 only setup)
I hear what youre saying. Ive done the homework on this and unless I found a used TKO its gonna cost more.
Starter issue isnt a big deal. I have already drilled and tapped for a 153 tooth starter on the other block that is going together. For the speedometer all that is needed is a 40 tooth reluctor or to change the reluctor value in the PCM. By the time I am putting the other motor and T56 in I will have EFI live or equivalent tuning software. The reverse lockout just needs a 12 volt signal which can be had from the brake lamp switch. I no longer have a stock Y and if the one I have needed to be reworked I have access to a bender. And finally we come to the crossmember. This is not a daily driver truck and it probably never will be again. If I have to do some fabricating so be it. Like I said above I really do hear you. I just think that I can get a T56 and all the parts I need to swap it for less than I can buy just a TKO for. BTW I would love to see pics of your swap.

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
Ire.
Starter issue isnt a big deal. I have already drilled and tapped for a 153 tooth starter on the other block that is going together.
Thats one thing that is good about the older blocks like I run no need to drill and tap its already there from factory. Just have to run the right starter. Meizier all the way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts