• Ls1

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • LT4

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you only have the 2 options?? And what kind of money do you have to do this???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well right now im just trying to figure out what i should do with the engine. At first I was going to modify the 4.3 i have now but then got to talking and was thinking stroker LS1 or LT4 but then if i put the LS1 in i could switch the manifold for a LS6 so i was hoping you guys would have ideas

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
You should consider the Ram Jet 350 for your swap. It comes with
every thing. Including a stand alone computer. By the time you buy all the parts for a LT-4 or LS-1 the Ram Jet crate motor mite
be a better buy. More HP & TQ. Plus the computer is programable

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
No the new one is FI. Look it up in one of the mags. LQQKS cool.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Uh, check back issues of Sport Truck, they have instructions for the LS1 swap. Like harness spicing and what oil pan to use. I think it's from around August or October of last year.

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
Im looking for an LT5 heheh. THen i could have a ZR1-ZR2,

As for your question id go with whichever one you want. THey are both hard to put in, and both offer different problems when your putting them in. Id say they will both be the same ammount of work. So get whichever engine you want. Personally id go with an LS1.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
u could but a LS1, LT1, LT4, or a vortec v-8 swap, check out this website for tips

1 - 13 of 13 Posts