S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
you really have 2 choices...you can either buy lees high tech truck mounts (which are pretty friggen expensive), or you can make your own. i'm making my own from the stock fbody mounts. i cut off the base and cut them down to the center piece of steel that runs through the middle. then i'm gonna weld it in. or you can make your own set that bolts in. its all up to you.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
lees's mounts or making your own? i'm not sure about doing what i did for making your own. i'm not sure how different the clearance is. you'll really just have to try it and see. i'm not sure how different the frames are. sorry.

·
Strictly Domestic
2,864 Posts
All we did was get the frame mounts from Lees, the mounts that mount to the motor we have plenty of.

·
Registered
227 Posts
iv got a set of F-body mounts ill sell to you for $60 i thank Lee's mounts are $150-200. im with red i just cut my frame mounts down to the center and weld em up, im going to bolt my whole tranny up and aline every thing b4 i weld it

·
LS1 87 S10 Blazer
39 Posts
Street and Performance make a set of adaptors that will let you use the standard v8 motor adaptors and stock 2.8 motor mounts. I have pictures of this set up if you want to see it. I'm in the middle of the swap right now. I used the adaptors described in the JTR v8 swap manual. I did have to trim the "ears" down a little bit to keep from hitting the frame, other than that its working fine. I'm doing the swap in a 87 s10 blazer 2wd. I paid around $90 for the adaptors and picked up a set of v8 adaptors off of ebay for $20. Hope this helps.
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts