S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid for and recieved a refund from Scott Hamlin the guy at the link below. Does anyone know why he is'nt selling the maual anymore?

Also, does anyone want to sell their copy?

http://ls1blazer.tripod.com/lid1.html

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
cause someone came on here bitching about it and i THINK he MIGHT be redoing it but im not sure. but im pretty sure the main reason is because someone was bitching and calling it a BS book

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
That's stupid, why were they calling it BS? Something wrong with it? I've only heard good things about that book.

·
Registered
576 Posts
anyone got one of those books they wanna get rid of...
ill buy it just pm me....no missing pages plz :)
sorry dont mean to steal the thread

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got it from him on a disc in pdf. I think it's become out of date. Nothing wrong with the way it says how to do the swap just there are lots of different parts and ways to go about the swap now. I think for many they wanted lots of info but this book just goes about doing the swap one way and pretty quickly. When I got the thing there wasn't much talk about the lsx swaps so it was helpful. Now this site has a special forum, ls1tech has a huge conversion section, and current performance is common name. I don't know where the disc is but if found I'll let you know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have got the cd of the "Z06" S10. It didn't really help me. Pictures weren't really clear. I bought it for wiring and it said he just bought a painless harness and turned the key. Still struggling with my install! really pissing me off.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
I understand that people he sold it to were copying it with out his authorization and he says that was what stopped him.

I have a copy and from my conversation with him, since he burned each copy individually he coded and would know who's copy was being copied. He seemed more concerned that somebody would post it on a server someplace. I bought it back when people were trashing it on the forum. It covers the swap he did, not every possiable variation. Its a good starting point, but a lot of things have changed since he did his swap. It was worth the money.

·
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saying "sorry don't mean to steal the thread":) does'nt make it any less rude:rolleyes:

I did'nt realize all this before hand or I would'nt have ordered the book....I'm guess he still post here? I still think it would be cool to have more pics and info but, after reading most of the threads here on the LS swap, I think I know what I'm up against....the only thing I have left to decide is...do I want to spend the money it'll take to do this?

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
the only thing I have left to decide is...do I want to spend the money it'll take to do this?
The way the things are looking right now, I dont know if I would do it again. I would rather have another 10K-15K still in savings.

·
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone ever post a rough estimate for the swap?

Seems like I read one could be iinstalled for about $3-3500 provided you have the engine and do the work yourself...does this sound accurate?

After reading about the ZZ4.3 I've even been thinking about spending the money on my 4.3. If I want to go real fast I still have a 10 sec. street legal 70 Chevelle SS to drive. I'd love to add another 100 dependable hp to my extreme's 4.3 as well...

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
Everyone plans for 4-5k and ends up in the 8-11k range.

·
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
8-11k... I'd just soon build my pump gas 496 with alum. heads. I could make an easy 600hp still spray a 250 shot:eek: and paint my car to boot:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
it just doesn't really sound like your into your s10. personally i would drive my v8 s10 over a 70 chevelle, just personal choice, but you just gotta put the money into what interests you

the swap could be done with a 5.3/4l60e in 5-8k range i would say. 8-11 is on the high side, but its always better to expect more and spend less

·
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it just doesn't really sound like your into your s10.
Quite the contrary....I am very much into my S10, my wife, my 3 kids, my 2 houses, my 3 horses, my Chevelle, my Big Tired Nova, my crewcab dually and other "black holes" I failed to mention:D .

I would love to do the LS1 swap.... 350-400hp, F.I., Cruise, A/C , etc.. what's not to love? It's just that I can justify 3-4K for this project, not 8K+:(

I alway have waaaay more stuff going than I can ever complete...it's my nature. My S10 Xtreme is my daily driver and always will be so, it's gotta be right and dependable. Either I go "all the way" or "none at all"

Besides...the Chevelle is quite fun too.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
I seen 5.3 's go for $350,add a harness,say another $1000(if you dont do it yourself), tranny,exaust,mounts,cooling,it can be done for 3000-3500 easy!

·
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoa....wait a sec.

My previous question might have been a bit mis-leading...

It should have said: Has anyone ever post a rough estimate for the swap if you already have a complete Corvette LS1?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts