S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Ext Cab S10 5.3 LM7 4l60e 352WHP 361WTQ
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So first off I guess I'll say hello since I just joined the forums and as for my problem well... I finally finished swapping an LM7 into my 2nd gen ext. cab and im using a pre built current performance wire harness but I can't get anything from my coolant temp guage and that means my electric fans won't come on. I've already tried multiple coolant temp sensors, I used a friends cluster, checked pinout 74 on my ecm for continuity and everything checks out as functional so any help here would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Been there Done it
9,295 Posts
Do you have continuity between pin C1 80 and the sender. That's the black wires lo ref. Same as ground but inside the PCM. If both the yellow and black show no open between the sender and the PCM it's got to be how the PCM is programmed. I can't imagine why the temp gauge function would be disabled.
Have you called CPW?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,797 Posts
We had a dead gauge in my swap...that sounds weird to say...but if I recall correctly, the harness was missing a ground wire.

Calling CPW seems to be a thing of the past. Tech support is by e-mail now.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
We had a dead gauge in my swap...that sounds weird to say...but if I recall correctly, the harness was missing a ground wire.

Calling CPW seems to be a thing of the past. Tech support is by e-mail now.
It was the fuel gauge and yeah it was missing a ground wire, but the problematic connector was fortunately close to a grounding stud on the firewall.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,797 Posts
It was the fuel gauge and yeah it was missing a ground wire, but the problematic connector was fortunately close to a grounding stud on the firewall.
So much for recalling correctly... 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have continuity between pin C1 80 and the sender. That's the black wires lo ref. Same as ground but inside the PCM. If both the yellow and black show no open between the sender and the PCM it's got to be how the PCM is programmed. I can't imagine why the temp gauge function would be disabled.
Have you called CPW?
I'll check that pin for continuity and get back to you but just like Rhotpursuit said I cant really talk to current performance over the phone for tech support, and I got my HP tuner kit and tweaked the fans to come on at about 185°F

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its problem after problem now, I'm positive its a ground, just checked all my fuses because now my obd2 can't connect to my ecm :(

·
Been there Done it
9,295 Posts
Did you run ground cables from the block to the frame and block to firewall? The firewall one usually bolts to the back of the block or head. On an LQ9 I'm sure there are holes on the block below the rear of the heads.
Pretty sure it's 10mmx1.5. I have a fuel line hold down in one of them for my AN line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you run ground cables from the block to the frame and block to firewall? The firewall one usually bolts to the back of the block or head. On an LQ9 I'm sure there are holes on the block below the rear of the heads.
Pretty sure it's 10mmx1.5. I have a fuel line hold down in one of them for my AN line.
Yep got that one down, I checked for continuity between frame-block-body and all check out as good

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I found the fix guys! it was some mislabled wires on the C101 connectors. I got an email back from CPW and they said that some C101 connectors got sent out with wires number 4 and 11 mixed up causing the speedo not to work along with serial data to the OBD2 port. I posted a pic of the email on another post in the electrical section and just like I wrote there I hope anyone that bought a C101 connector around the same time I did this last year can find this and im posting a screenshot of the email just for reference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts