S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 1986 s10 Blazer that I am swapping a 4.8 and a 4l60e into from a 2000 chev 1500. I ordered holley white box motor mounts for this as the blazer had already been swapped with a 305 when I got it and had the correct mounts on the frame to match the holley ones. what I am finding is the trans hits the tunnel before it lines up with the motor (when the motor is installed). I have done a fair bit of tunnel bashing but the trans is hitting on the tailshaft housing and the bell housing is fine. I have the motor all the way forward on the mounts to try and get the transmission forward but it wont line up. Is there something I am missing to fit this in? I am using the stock oil pan and havent notched the cross member as the motor mounts max out before the pan hits the cross member.
I would be glad of anyone who can help figure out how to fit this combo in.
Thanks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,360 Posts
Do your mounts look like these?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,360 Posts
Or these...

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,360 Posts
I'm, going to say that mounts for a SBC are not going to work for an LS swap. Your best bet is to call Holley and tell them what you have...vehicle and current mounts, and ask their advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, I looked at Holley's website a little closer and found that the ones I got are only compatible with the stock V6 frame mounts.

·
Been there Done it
12,480 Posts
That's what most swap mounts work with. The 2.8 frame cushions. You can get them from Rockauto for $3 each. You'll likely need to tap the holes in the frame to mount them unless you want to pull your front springs.
I've got a larger 4L80E behind my LS engine moved as far back as the mounts can go and it doesn't hit the floor or firewall.

Reactions: BFreeman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, through a little bit of research I found that some blazers have raised sections off the frame that hold the clamshell section. Looks like I will have to cut those off as they hold the engine a couple inches too high in the engine bay and then hold the transmission too high. The silver mounts that were posted earlier in this thread are the right ones but they aren't compatible with the raised clamshell sections.
This video helps to see what's happening.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The Blazers also have a built in body lift to match the raised clamshell section, but both are only found on 95 and newer Blazers anyway. You still have a different issue with your '86 even if there's been a frame swap from a new Blazer.

Grab some pictures of what you're running into. Is the oil pan hitting the crossmember? The stock Chevy 1500 pan won't fit without modifications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wood Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Rim Automotive exterior

This is what I'm running into, I'm assuming I will need to cut the piece that the clamshell is sitting on and mount it to the frame itself.
The oil pan did clear when I put it in like this but I think I might have to notch the cross member to make it fit after I change the motor mounts.
Is it completely impossible to run a stock oil pan even with a notched cross member?

Thanks very much for the help here guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts