S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read on here several times about being able to modify a LS motor Vortech bracket to fit on our 4.3?

Whats the modification? Im going to assume it would also need lots of work for tension on the belt once the boost is upped even the smallest amount?

·
i need a paint job
3,680 Posts
i havent heard anything with the LS motor, just the 5.7 vortec motor because they have the same acc. setup. and with that setup the bracket should bolt right on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depends what acc setup you are using. The vette drive procharger and vortech mount it with a reverse setup with the blower inlet facing forward. That runs right into the core support. I know someone did it but it's not a street driven truck. There is a chance the ls2 trailblazer ss bracket might work with some mods to the hood. The F body procharger kit puts it low and in the frame..

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I was almost certain people were mentioned them working. I knew teh 5.7 vortec would work.

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My truck needs something, 12psi of supercharger, 12psi of turbo or 1200psi of nitrous

maybe both 12psi and 1200psi :p

·
Registered
714 Posts
My truck needs something, 12psi of supercharger, 12psi of turbo or 1200psi of nitrous

maybe both 12psi and 1200psi :p
Well welcome to the game of never having enough power.
What happened did you get bored of the new power gains with the cam already?? lol
I am there with you always looking for a way to make it faster.

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well welcome to the game of never having enough power.
What happened did you get bored of the new power gains with the cam already?? lol
I am there with you always looking for a way to make it faster.

:haha: Maybe. Im shopping pretty heavy for a converter. Im gonna do a 3200-3600. I need to talk to the manufactures to see how they will flash behind my weight and power, because they are rated to 3200 or 3600 behind a LT1 car. Id like one to flash to 3400 on my setup. I think that would run great with my truck N/A, but still be tight enough where it wont push through the converter on the bottle.

·
Pill it till ya kill it
459 Posts
:haha: Maybe. Im shopping pretty heavy for a converter. Im gonna do a 3200-3600. I need to talk to the manufactures to see how they will flash behind my weight and power, because they are rated to 3200 or 3600 behind a LT1 car. Id like one to flash to 3400 on my setup. I think that would run great with my truck N/A, but still be tight enough where it wont push through the converter on the bottle.
A converter that flashes to 3400 on motor will flash right to the rev limiter on the gas. My buddies 96 has a TH350 in it now and with a converter that flashed to 5800 behind a 600 hp small block it flashed right to the rev limiter on the nitrous. You would probably be alot happier with a converter that flashes like 2800-3200. It would definitely MPH better like that

·
Sprayed 4.3
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A converter that flashes to 3400 on motor will flash right to the rev limiter on the gas. My buddies 96 has a TH350 in it now and with a converter that flashed to 5800 behind a 600 hp small block it flashed right to the rev limiter on the nitrous. You would probably be alot happier with a converter that flashes like 2800-3200. It would definitely MPH better like that

Not quite.

Ive had 2 converters in my truck and everyone I know has a converter in their car /truck.

I had a 3400 converter and a 3500 converter, both extremely loose. On the bottle they flashed to about 4000-4100. They wont flash to rev limit.

I do agree with you about the 3200 running better on the bottle, but Id like a little more emphasis on running better N/A. My last set up was only good when I was on the bottle, so when I was N/A, it was a turd.

·
I call her: NIGHTMARE
2,124 Posts
600hp plus nitrous on a 3400 converter is different that 200hp on nitrous on a 3400 converter........

As per the LS2 TBSS brackets working on a 4.3......I happen to have a set sitting in the garage next to my 4.3 on the stand. Ill take a look to see how close they are.

·
I call her: NIGHTMARE
2,124 Posts
I dont see how it would be remotely worth it to purchase HOB brackets and then try to make them fit. I can see how it possibly could be done, but it would be sketchy at best. For the price, it would be better to have your own made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts