S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Guy
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wondered alot which lower radiator hose I can use if I used a stock 4.3 radiator. Well, with complete access to Napa and the line of hoses they have, I grabed a few hoses and found ne that works. The Napa part number is 7674. It is a lower hose from a 70's slant six Dodge truck. I cut out what I needed. Worked awsome. Used some stock spring clamps, and everything fits great with the stock 4.3 radiator and stock LS thermostat housing. Ceck out the pics below. Figured thi would help out with some trying to plumb things up.

·
drives a LSX zr2
1,071 Posts
94 mustang hose works without having to cut anything...but I guess if they are out this could be another option

·
New Guy
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just went with what fit what I was looking for. Didn't go by application. Post up pics and part numbers if you have any of the Mustang hose if you can. Give others some options to try. Thanks for the additional info.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I have wondered a lot which lower radiator hose I can use if I used a stock 4.3 radiator. Well, with complete access to Napa and the line of hoses they have, I grabbed a few hoses and found one that works. The Napa part number is 7674. It is a lower hose from a 70's slant six Dodge truck. I cut out what I needed. Worked awesome. Used some stock spring clamps, and everything fits great with the stock 4.3 radiator and stock LS thermostat housing. Check out the pics below. Figured this would help out with some trying to plumb things up.

Thanks for the info. I have a Griffin radiator with the outlet close to where it is on the stock Blazer, and a corvette water pump. Cutting a section from pn 7674 like what you did worked perfect. I tried another mfg part number first that was supposed to be equivalent, but it did not work very well, so the NAPA hose is the one to use. (Suggest starting long and working your way down to the perfect fit. My mock up taped together from other pieces fit but was actually a bit shorter than the piece I ended up with out of the 7674).

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here is a photo to go with the post above ^^^ my radiator is moved forward from stock position, so I used a longer section (with only one cut required) from the Napa 7674 hose than you did with the 4.3 radiator, but the bends were perfect for this application too. So, thanks again you saved me a lot of time with further searching for a hose, just wish I found your post before I wasted 2 hrs at Napa and Autozone with helpful guys but no results.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,333 Posts
With what engine the v6 or V8 ? gt? Do you have a part number and I’m assuming it was the lower hose from the mustang that fits?
You've been around long enough to know not to bump dead threads. Feel free to start a new thread in the LSx Discussion forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.