S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an LS newbie, though I have developed a limited general knowledge just no hands on experience yet. I will be replacing the intake manifold on my L33 with an LS6 and changing the cam & springs to an LS3 cam (this is the dry sump 3 bolt) timing set & front pick-up. Are there any parts that are problematic on a 100,000 mile engine that I need to check or replace before installing the engine. Not looking to rebuild the engine just replace anything that might be a problem.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the LS3 springs, are lifters usually a problem or is it the trays?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm changing all gaskets and bearings in mine as well as the oil pump and o-ring along with a new cam and springs, maybe lifters. I think mine has around 212k on it. Gonna freshen up the 4l60 too and add a converter.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine came out of a wrecked truck, with a less than 140,000,not a lot for a well maintained engine. I probably won't put a lot of miles on it since I have a S10 crew cab 4x4 for a daily driver. The L33 is basic an LS6 with fewer cubic inches, I'm adding an LS6 intake and LS3 cam & springs with front cover and new timing set. I'm hoping to do a trial fit this weekend to see if the TBSS exhaust manifolds will clear on a 2wd.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is a 4.8, but I got a 5.3 short block and am swapping the crank and rods and using the 4.8 flat top pistons. Adding a BTR Stage 3 or 4 cam with a 3200 stall. That's my starting point and once I get finished banging on that, I want to build a twin turbo 6.0

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had gathered most of what I needed to do a hybrid 3.4 turbo swap, then ran across an L33 I couldn't past up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts