S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· B4U Task Force Admin
34,999 Posts
What is the 4L60E out of? The Hooker crossmember is a very nice piece...as long as you're aware of a slight issue. It's made for transmissions in the full size trucks. I'm not sure if that applies to full size trucks that came with the 4.3. There are adjustable trans mounts that make it possible.

· Randy
1,212 Posts
the truck is 2gen Sonoma it came stock with 2.2 and automatic transmission I’m trying to use stock transmission crossmember I have it mocked up looks a little bit off View attachment 369801
That's what i got told would be the issue. So I just ordered the Holley cross-member that @Life is a Enigma mentioned. It fit with the bolts all the way forward. I went without the aluminum block to clear the coils.

· Registered
2000 S10
19 Posts
Do you have the transmission that came out to compare the measurements from the mounting surfaces and the mount ? I an currently pulling a 2.2 / 4l60 out of a 2000, I don’t have the diner engine&trans yet, but I was going to try the stock crossmember first before buying a Hooker one.
From the picture, it almost looks like you could drill a new hole in the mounting plate.

· Randy
1,212 Posts
96-2004 4.3L S10 or Blazer, 98-2000 4.3L full sized transmissions are 5/8" shorter than the LS version transmission. If I am correct even the 2.2L transmission is the same length as the 4.3L one.
2001 & up full sized trucks & vans with 4.3L's were given a 300mm converter.
The key is the top center bolt hole, it is for the LS based transmission.
Bell-housing casting # 24206579 is for the gen 1 & 2 engines, 6 bolt pattern
Bell-housing casting # 24206952 is for the gen 3 & 4 engines, 7 bolt pattern. This bell housing is 5/8" deeper than the 6-bolt one to allow for the larger converter.
The casting #'s are on the outside of the bell-housing over the starter pocket.

I think I might try an adjustable trans mount first. Problem is they are 2 studs instead of single stud, like the factory ones are now.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s real close mabey 1/8 in off maybe a qr Inch off I want to use my stock drive shaft and stock crossmember my motor is Touching the front crossmember I have h2 oil pan I will Measure and post it later

· Randy
1,212 Posts
It’s real close mabey 1/8 in off maybe a qr Inch off I want to use my stock drive shaft and stock crossmember my motor is Touching the front crossmember I have h2 oil pan I will Measure and post it later
I had to have my drive shaft shortened 1-1/8"...

· B4U Task Force Admin
34,999 Posts
I had to have my drive shaft shortened 1-1/8"...
Is yours an extended cab randy...I can't remember? I had my d/s shortened when I dropped it 24-25 years ago. It fit fine with the swap...no problem. It's funny how much difference there is between trucks...mine excepted.

· Randy
1,212 Posts
Is yours an extended cab randy...I can't remember? I had my d/s shortened when I dropped it 24-25 years ago. It fit fine with the swap...no problem. It's funny how much difference there is between trucks...mine excepted.
2000 2.2L Vin 5 RCSB W/ZQ8.
I agree about the differences in trucks and builds. Must be the differences in mount brands used & pulley spacing.

· B4U Task Force Admin
34,999 Posts
2000 2.2L Vin 5 RCSB W/ZQ8.
I agree about the differences in trucks and builds. Must be the differences in mount brands used & pulley spacing.
I must have gotten lucky when it was shortened for the drop. Still has the non greasable u-joints from the d/l shop.

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
I would think that by elongating the holes in the mount, crossmember and frame you should be able to find 5/8". Or worst case, make a small plate with 2 sets of holes for the bottom of the tail housing. Might need to use 2 bolts with tapered recessed heads (countersunk).
Household hardware Tool Auto part Nickel Metal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts