S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I started this "little S10 project" about three months ago. Evidently I got the S10 itch pretty bad and have been gaining on it pretty steadily. If I can figure out downloading photos the progress might interest you. You can also follow it in DragRacingOnline.com.
'91 S10, will have either a 5.3 or 6.0, powerglide, has a 9" Ford, four-link, full cage is about done, lot of body work required to get it straightened out.
So far I have had a lot of help from other S10 Forum members and they got me over the suspension and steering stuff I had questions on.
IMG_1756.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg
IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1780.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1581 (1).jpg
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1727.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks great man. And the cage looks low because he’s welding the halo in, the body is jacked up above the frame in one of the earlier pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great man. And the cage looks low because he’s welding the halo in, the body is jacked up above the frame in one of the earlier pics.
T-Rev- You are right, we jacked the body up so we could reach the top of the tubing and weld it correctly. It was a little challenging getting the tubes notched so they fit nice but with some patience, it is not difficult and does not require anything more that a "Ol' Joint Jigger" tubing notcher from Summit and a 4" grinder with 60 grit "flapper" disc.
Jok

·
Super Moderator
20,517 Posts
Nice, looking forward to the progress. ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The top part is always the hardest. I did a 4 point roll bar in my crx which is unibody so I just welded it with the headliner out and it turned out pretty good. Not sure if you posted in earlier but is this gonna be a turbo v8?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing that exciting. Building it to be good enough to run Big Bucks bracket events. Right now we will start with a 406" conventional small block and glide. The end goal is a 6.0 LS on alcohol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iowa. Only four miles from Cedar Falls Motorsports Park, about 100 miles to Tri-State Raceway or Eddyville Raceway Park. Byron 3 hours, St. Louis Int'l about 5.0+,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
9" Ford with S&W braced housing and Quick Performance aluminum Yukon 3rd member with 4.86 Pro Gear and spool, Quick Performance 35 spline axles and S&W Four-link rear suspension with QA1 dbl adjustable coil-over shocks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was going to go that way but went with the Caltrax set up instead, real happy with it. I'm otherwise identical to your set up except 4.56 gears and strang shocks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What horsepower would you guess you have?
What is race ready weight with driver?
I almost went Cal-tracs but at the last minute my son reminded me I have a new 565" in the shop..."just in case we want to scare ourselves LOL!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
625 HP - We came in at 3150 lbs, about 400 heaver than I thought it would. Your 4 link will let you get bigger tires under it.

IMG_5867.JPG

·
Boozebag
9,265 Posts
Pretty serious build Dood… Totally nice construction!
You going to go with any power adders? (ahem) N0X?
I was in Iowa for work a while back, as I remember, there are several 1/8th mile tracks out there.
You doing both? (1/4 and 1/8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking details under that truck, We can fit 14x32 rear. I am hoping for 2700-2750 lbs. Dash is out, inner fenders out, only one seat and no interior trim.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ya that's what we were hoping for too but the cage work was pretty heavy and although it was gutted we retained the interior except for seats to keep the stock look. It obviously added up.

IMG_5524.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

1 - 20 of 23 Posts