S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on lower ing my 2000 extreme and was wondering if a 3/4 drop kit would be the right choice and if $229 sounded like a good price for the kit(control arms/block kit)?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
3/4 looks badass on a x...i wouldnt recommend it on a everyday driver....i have a 2/3 and i scrape the front to the ground occasionally i imagine i would have busted the front off by now with a 3/4....also i definately wouldnt recommend a 3/4 on stock tires...on a 2/3 they rub alot...when you trim the flares out a little and use drop shocks it does it to me like 1-2 times a week.....so if you went 3/4 with smaller tires its gonna be even lower which would look awesome but if the roads where u live are anything like mine your gonna smash the fasia up.....so i'd recommend belltech 2" spindles and 3" angle blocks with a set of drop shocks up front....but 229 doesnt sound like a bad price...i dont know anything about control arms though.....but if you do go 3/4 i would recommend like 235/50's or even 225/50's tires and cut the bumpstops to the frame in the back...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess a 2/3 drop would be better for the area i live, but when i do that can i just use the coils and blocks that a kit comes with or do i need anything else?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i did spindles and blocks....and i'm very pleased with it.....i still had to trim plastic flares to get the stocks to clear...and i cut the bumps off to the frame in the back.....i beleive you would need 2" coils if you went that route....

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Extremem is already lowered like 3/4 so your just swaping parts not lowering it

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Xtreme (GM doesn't make an Extreme)

lol....
the X comes with 1.5" drop coil springs...not drop spindles. I replaced my springs with a 3" drop coil. and put a 2" block in the rear..and pulled the overload leaf off of the pack! it rides very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.