S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lafayette X
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I want to lower my 2000 X reg cab 4cyl. BUT-I still need to be able to get around in the winter, through snow....How low should I go what should I use, can I do this myself?

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
just a tip...with the Xtreme, IMO, if you have to deal with snow at all, i would remove the drop for the winter...even i'm going to remove my 0/1 drop...lol....

personally, if i were you, do a 2/2 or a 2/3...it will look sweet...but you're pretty much stuck for the winter...either park the truck, remove the lowering kit, or drive as-is...the 3rd i wouldn't recommend tho....

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
or you can cheat and get the lowered look by installing bigger wheels. say 18" or 20". something that will fill the wheelwells.

my 0.02:D

·
For Sale
190 Posts
bag it and have a nice day hahaa :):bah:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
jsnone1 said:
Taking on and off, sounds like alot of work, is it?
well, since you only have to do it once a year, it's not bad...besides, it is something you can do when you're bored, something to keep you busy, or something to get out of the house for a bit...hehehe

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
jsnone1 said:
Well I think I want to lower my 2000 X reg cab 4cyl. BUT-I still need to be able to get around in the winter, through snow....How low should I go what should I use, can I do this myself?

I did a 2/2. You will be just as good as you were before the drop. Drive very carefully though. I live in Wi. Winters suck ass. Even a 2/3 would be good for you.

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
jsnone1 said:

I did a 2/2. You will be just as good as you were before the drop. Drive very carefully though. I live in Wi. Winters suck ass. Even a 2/3 would be good for you. I have a belltech kit, and yes you can do it yourself. Careful of the balljoints. And get it aligned immediatly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts