S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, i was looking at a rough country 2" front and 2.5" rear lowering kit and I was wondering is there more benefits to lowering other than taking corners better? Has things like 0-60, mpg's, etc improved? is the drive-ability better, these things aren't aerodynamic at all, it feels like I'm driving a brick with wheels. Would a 2 and 2.5 lower not be low enough to get these benefits if they exist? complete noob to lowering vehicles but the kit is like 250 bucks so I think thats a good start for modding my truck

·
Chopper! Sic balls!
39,372 Posts
Better handling, lower drag coefficient(in most cases) and aesthetics are three good reasons to lower a vehicle. In my opinion anyways. With it you give up things though like ground clearance and suspension travel for instance. Depending on how low you go you may have to think about things like tire clearance too. A lot of the time you'll have to run slightly shorter tires than stock so it doesn't look weird, and to combat potential tire rub.

A 2/2.5 drop would be comparable to a factory Xtreme or ZQ8 pick up.

·
Administrator
21,791 Posts
What kind of truck do you have...regular cab...extended cab...1st gen...2nd gen. What size tires and wheels do you have or plan to get. What's included in the kit? I'm guessing it's springs and blocks, although I don't think I've ever heard of 2.5" blocks. Since you're new to lowered vehicles, I'd suggest finding a ZQ8 equipped truck and get the front/rear springs/swaybars and steering box. On a factory ZQ8 truck, the springs are good for 1.5" drop, with the lower profile tires giving you another .5". If you want to go lower than that, you can add spindles up front and blocks out back. Here's my truck with spindles and 3" blocks out back, on top of the ZQ8 suspension.
IMG_0383.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 95 ext. cab is set up like this rides nicely minus ill fitting tires, but my 94 is 2" drop springs on 2" spindles, and zq8 leafs and 4" blocks in the back. I'll say the 94 looks great low, but rides awful compared to the zq8 spings and drop spindles on the 95. Personally, i don't think i could ever have a 2wd at stock ride height anymore they look so tall, and since i've had lowered s10's for the last 15 years to me they don't look right anymore at stock height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts