S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinkin about dropping my 94 S-10 SS,4.3L. I came across an ad from DJM in a mag. I am thinkin about 2/3 or 3/4. The ad was for the front springs and the rear blocks for around 80 bucks. I was wondering if anyone had this set up. Sould I spend the money and get the spindles? I am looking for something that will not beat me to death. I really need some input. thanks alot guys.:drinkhaha

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Im personally going with spindles, because a lot of people talk about how bad the springs ride. That and I already have springs from the factory.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i also went ahead with the spindles.....there are numerous ppl tho that will tell ya that springs ride just as good....like 01ZQ8....i already had the fact. springs that came with the sus and i didn' want to use a lower spring.....but get some input from those guys that have springs and they'll prolly talk ya into gettin them

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
IMO...

I have lowered 2 trucks now. The first I went with spindles and blocks. The ride sucked with the blocks. Cornering and steering was excellent, but the rear hopped around a lot. The second I went with spindles, coils (4") and leafs (3") and a 1" block. Go with the absolute lowest block you can. They screw with the ride drastically. It feels like you are driving down the road in a wheelbarrow.

My advice...save up and do it right. Go with spindles and leafs. Only add a block if you want to go lower than 3 inches in the rear. Don't screw around with it. It is the suspension. Replace it with quality stuff for a quality ride.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Jamal said:
IMO...

I have lowered 2 trucks now. The first I went with spindles and blocks. The ride sucked with the blocks. Cornering and steering was excellent, but the rear hopped around a lot. The second I went with spindles, coils (4") and leafs (3") and a 1" block. Go with the absolute lowest block you can. They screw with the ride drastically. It feels like you are driving down the road in a wheelbarrow.

My advice...save up and do it right. Go with spindles and leafs. Only add a block if you want to go lower than 3 inches in the rear. Don't screw around with it. It is the suspension. Replace it with quality stuff for a quality ride.
actually, if you cut the bumpstops and brackets off the back, the block will ride like stock. :thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
i've been looking around for 3" leaves, i looked in truckin and mini truckin and i can't find any. is there a site where i can look so i can get them, im doing the 2" spindles and 3" leaves to level it out and if that doesn't work i may have to add a 1" block onthe leaves too. either summitracing? or where?

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

actually, if you cut the bumpstops and brackets off the back, the block will ride like stock. :thumbup:
Sorry...I didn't mention that. That is true.
But on my first one I was bottoming out, it just rode crappy. I did cut the bumpstops off on my 2nd one and it rides great.

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
whitebowtie9 said:
i've been looking around for 3" leaves, i looked in truckin and mini truckin and i can't find any. is there a site where i can look so i can get them, im doing the 2" spindles and 3" leaves to level it out and if that doesn't work i may have to add a 1" block onthe leaves too. either summitracing? or where?
Stylin Concepts is where I got mine...$75.00 a piece.

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
I want to say DJM...I don't think Belltech makes 3" drop leafs. I am pretty sure they only go 2", but I have been wrong before.
I know some people say DJM sucks, but I haven't had a problem with them. I did go Belltech up front, but I went all out up there. I mean, that is were the weight is and I wasn't taking any chances. And I gotta give Stylin Concepts their props. I order all the stuff and recieved it with 3 days. Not bad in my book.

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
belltech does make a 3'' drop leaf...

its BEL-5954

summit racing

that link should take you right to the leafs...they're $76 a piece and summit has good deals on shipping. i have these leafs on my ride and i'm pretty happy with them.

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
305s10 said:
belltech does make a 3'' drop leaf...

its BEL-5954

summit racing

that link should take you right to the leafs...they're $76 a piece and summit has good deals on shipping. i have these leafs on my ride and i'm pretty happy with them.
I must have it reversed then....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot everyone. spindles are going on the ride. going to give block a try,hell i can always take them out and put in leafs.:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts