S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there have a lowered truck with traction bars? will they scrape? how is the performance?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
a friend of mine used to have them on his truck with a 2/3 drop on the zq8. They scraped a bit i think but after awhile they got grinded down a good bit that they didnt scrape.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats nice to know, If all else fails grind em down with pavement the ZQ8's already have a slight drop to them too dont they.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the ZQ-8 and have installed Belltech 3" leafs with Caltracs. I don't really have any trouble with them scraping. Just can't go to the automatic car wash!

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you do to the leaves? I know they cant be very stock, look more like lowering springs to me? How is your truck so low?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
My truck has a 2" drop front and rear with SSM lift bars and I have no problems. You shouldn't use traction bars that don't put the snubber underneath the spring eye or you could bend the springs.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have my snubber right at the front shakle point of the rear springs.
4 Bangin, so what you did is fliped the rear spring? or took the lower leaf and put it above the top one?

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
what i did was i took all the leafs out the pack [will on the truck] took the over load fliped it over and put the tie bolt back thru.the frunt i cot 11/2 coils off pas side cod 1and lilunder11/2 off the driv side

·
Registered
920 Posts
these are caltracs on a 4in dropped 2nd gen

1 - 20 of 41 Posts