S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
500? 88 & 38 all the way!
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm droppin my Sonoma 3 inches all around on Sunday, but I'm not sure about cutting the sway bar end link to level it out. Anyone know where to get one of those spacers? I called Summit and the guy said he never even heard of one.

Thanks for any help. -Jamie

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I heard they were backordered too, but they're my supplier says that they are readily available to me.... :D
They're $34.99.... :D

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks Sonomagirl, I'm gonna lower it on Sunday so I'll know if I need one after that. I might be in touch. :D -Jamie

·
626 Posts
no problem.... let me know. I'm always around to help :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know alot has been said and posted about trimming the sway bar end link to level out your truck. My thoughts on this is that a sway bar isn't designed to have an offset load on it all the time as this and to hold the weight put on it this way. It seems its purpose is to remain nuetral until offset force is put on it from hard cornering and then to momentarily hold the weight and help keep things level. I believe the cure should be in the springs themselves or by adjusting the weight load from side to side to even it out. If Beltech is aware of this problem seems they would sell a left and right spring to even the truck out rather than a spacer.

anyone else have thoughts?

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Nomagirl, my truck does sit just a bit lower on the driver's side, haven't taken any measurements yet though.

How thick are those spacers? I probably only need a half inch or so.

Thanks, Jamie

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I take that back. Now that I filled up with gas, left front is at 25.25 and right front is at 26.5. So maybe an inch spacer.

Thanks again, Jamie

·
626 Posts
I'm just looking into it and I'll let ya know as soon as I know :D

·
626 Posts
ok, they are 3/4" thick.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
sunsetnkc said:
I know alot has been said and posted about trimming the sway bar end link to level out your truck. My thoughts on this is that a sway bar isn't designed to have an offset load on it all the time as this and to hold the weight put on it this way. It seems its purpose is to remain nuetral until offset force is put on it from hard cornering and then to momentarily hold the weight and help keep things level. I believe the cure should be in the springs themselves or by adjusting the weight load from side to side to even it out. If Beltech is aware of this problem seems they would sell a left and right spring to even the truck out rather than a spacer.

anyone else have thoughts?
yes i understand that completely, and i think they should fix the problem correctly, by making a spring setup that one spring is designed for one side, and the other spring is for the other, instead of just selling a spacer because it seems to me if there is extra weight on the driverside, causing the spring to compress more than the passengerside, and then you put a spacer in there to level the truck out, the spring is still gonna be compressed more than the other side, which makes me think that the spring rate might be a little different on that side than the other. And with the different spring rate wouldnt it take bumps like unevenly?

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
I think there is a name for this phenomenon, it's called Chevy Sag.
They all do it. It has a whole lot to do with the fact that usually there is only one person in the truck, in the driver's seat. This means there is more weight on that side. It's like driving with a heavy load for a long time, the back "settles" and is now slightly lower than it used to be.

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
Got_20s said:
I think there is a name for this phenomenon, it's called Chevy Sag.
They all do it. It has a whole lot to do with the fact that usually there is only one person in the truck, in the driver's seat. This means there is more weight on that side. It's like driving with a heavy load for a long time, the back "settles" and is now slightly lower than it used to be.
true that... i used a coil spacer on the driver side and now its perfectly level.

i believe it was 1inch coil spacer from belltech

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmmmmm, ok so you buy 2 inch drop springs, and put in a 1 inch spacer so you have lowered one side 2 inches, and the other side 1 inch.... so do you call it a 1 inch drop or a 2 inch drop???

lol

·
626 Posts
lol......... the good old chevy sag..........
funny, my gmc doesn't sit uneven :D

or maybe it's 'cause you guys all drive male trucks and they tend to sag......... lol

j/k with ya guys :D

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
Who are you kiddin' ? Guys don't sag, they age. Chicks on the other hand, Now they sag. Saggy ass, Saggy boobs....
There is only one way around this. This is why I only date high school girls, I get older, they stay the same age!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts