S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I bought a 3 inch lowering kit for my '99 S10. I was told by a buddy of mine that I would need some pinion shims since I have an extended cab. The only thing that came with the kit was springs, blocks, and u-bolts. Anybody have any experience with shims and do you think I will need some? I'm kinda new to the minitruckin' scene.

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
You don't need shims. Your lowering not raising, If anything it will straighten your pinion angle.
Don't pay any attention to this post^^. Measure. Most ext. cabs are off from the factory. Lowering makes it worse. All trucks are different so measure!

Where in TN are you?

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
You can tell him he needs shims all you want but the truth is blocks are already tapered for the lowering.
uhhh... hmmm... there are flatr blocks, 2* ,3*, etc blocks....
how do you know what he has? and how do you know what angle he needs?

·
Registered
457 Posts
uhhh... hmmm... there are flatr blocks, 2* ,3*, etc blocks....
how do you know what he has? and how do you know what angle he needs?
Sorry if I'm feeding wrong info, Not my intention. I just put blocks and kit on my 86 blazer with shims but 9" lift.(I know it's a completely different truck). Just ignore me. I kinda feel stupid even trying. I got 3" blocks on my 98 s10 also reg. cab with longbed I assumed closely related to the ext. cab with no shims. If you need shims heres a website you can try: www.stealthconversions.com.

·
"SHOW TIME PRIME"
1,154 Posts
when i was a static 5/6 drop i never used shims and never had a problem. my friend had a 4/5 drop and had all sorts of issues. just depends on the veicle itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts