S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I picked up a set of zq8 coils for my truck.
My questions are what do I have to do to get them in?
Do I unbolt the lower control arm at the ball joint or where it mounts to the frame?
Also these springs are only going to give me a 1 1/2-2" drop will I need to get it alingment afterwards? If yes how soon?
Thanks

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Twiggs, I highly recommend getting an alignment. I had new tires put on my truck and it was in badly need of an alignment afterward.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
you have 2 ways of doing this

1) take off the shocks, sway bar link and unloosen the lower a arm from the spindle get a jack and let it down and pull out the spring and put new one in . here is where it is kinda hard. they dont just fit in you need to compress it somehow. 3 inch drop springs yes not the zq8 but try this way first it may work/may not.

2) i just unloosen the 2 bolts that are inside the lower a arm at the frame, get a jack and let the arm down. you need to unlossen teh sway bar link and the shock here also.

then when you put the spring in line it up with the lower drain holes covering the first one and right to the edge of the second one (or it will sit off even) and then make sure up top its in right and jack the arm up while lining up the holes.

tony

ps. measure the before and after with the top of your fenderlip. lets see how much exactly it lowers it. lots of people will be interested in that

D

·
0 Posts
jus watch out for shooting springs. lol they can be a real biz nix ask my friends with his 67 juiced impala .. lol dayuum doors can stop a compressed spring liek super man.. but looks like dented man after it was done lmfao .. that was some funny shiz nix

·
14,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
98 SS ON NOS said:

ps. measure the before and after with the top of your fenderlip. lets see how much exactly it lowers it. lots of people will be interested in that
Well I did this about 2-3 weeks ago and after i was done i only got about 1/2" out of them but at last measurement i was at
1 1/4" lower. I am kinda wondering if the coils i got were true zq8 coils. I did noticed that they were not as thick as my stock ones but they were the same height. They did have a diff part # on them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts