S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bone Stock
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my truck 3in. in the front and 4in. in the back. What is the best way to do this?

Drop spindels in front? Blocks in rear? Coil springs? Leaf springs?

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
You might have better luck looking at the suspensions forum...........you also have to define "best".........if by best you mean cheapest, go with 3 inch coils and blocks........if you mean '"best" as in ride quality and handling........go with 2 inch spindles a 1-2 inch coil and 3 inch leafs with a 1 inch block

·
LS6 swap in progress.
1999 LS6 Sonoma on C5 Brakes
299 Posts
ive got 2" spindles and 1" springs up front and 4 inch blocks in back. the only thing different about the ride was the back end bottoming out over some bumps. what i did to fix that was buy some air shocks (gabriels on Ebay) and run with about 45 to 50 psi and it rides so much better, its amazing.

i'd recommend belltech, they are a reputable company for s10 drop components. the suspension forum may help you better on a question like this too.

AJ

·
Registered
105 Posts
try posting your lowering questions in the lowering section, thats why its there

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
ZQ8 coil springs and leaf springs, then get 2" spindles and 3" blocks. You'll have just about a 4" front 5" rear drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts