S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm rather new to this board and to the truck scene. Recently I purchased a 2000 S-10 x-cab LS its a 4 banger. Only mods I've done so far are euros up front and down back. Okay, so onto my questions. I want to lower my S-10 and I was thinking of doing a 4-5 drop like my friend did on his 96 sonoma only he told me to do a 4-4 drop since his back end was lower than the front. He took his spare tire off so it raised up a bit. Anyways I think my S-10 sits a bit higher than others. Its 30 inches in the front from the ground. The 30 inches being between from the ground to the bottom of the fender molding. Its 33 from the ground to the top of the fender molding. In the back its 31 and 1/2 to the bottom of fender molding and then 34 and 3/4 to top of fender molding. I'm not sure exactly which measurement you all use. Anyways, I'm thinking thats a bit higher than most other s-10s...I dunno...I heard Chassis Tech is good to lower with but most people say Belltech. Is Chassis Tech bad or something? Has anyone had any problems with it? If I lower my truck 4-5 or 4-4 what exactly do I have to do? I was planning on coils and spindles and leafs and blocks but is all I have to do have someone install it? I heard something about a front alignment. Anything else besides front alignment? Sorry for the lengthy explanation I just wanted to get everything in. I wanna do it right so I don't have to go back and fix it up. Please help me out and respond with any help.

·
'Bagged Super Sport
43 Posts
Do it yourself...

It's really not that hard. If you have the right equipment to do it its actually quite simple. Just a bunch of unscrewing and bolting back on. The only thing you might not have is access to a lift or a jack and jackstands. If you have access to a lift its hella easy. Go with Belltech, i trust them the most. Also go w/ toxic shocks, theyre hella cheap and also very good. You can get toxic's for $29 each whereas belltech shocks are like $45-50. Go with Belltech rear leafs & blocks and the spindles & coils in the front. The only thing you need to pay someone to do is a front end alignment really. But you do need that alignment cuz is pretty bad if you dont, plus it wears ur tires unevenly. Well i think i covered everthing. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the help. I'm hopeing my friend will help my do the install because I have no clue how to do it. I was planning on getting Toxic Shocks to because I heard how could they were. I'll remember about the front alignment to. I'll probably go with Belltech to. Just chuck out the extra 100 bucks since they have such a good reputation. Thanks for responding. :thumbup: if anyone else has any comments please post em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts