S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
isn;t there some combination of components which can actually raise the truck a lil? I heard if i put 3" coils on my truck [i have 2" drop spindes" it would raise the truck about an inch...Is this true? and if not how do i go about raising the truck up about and inch or so to even it out with the back?

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
from what i've heard, the factory zq8 coils are 1.5" lower. so with 2" spindles, you're 3.5" lower. you could either do two things:

get rid of your spindle and install 3" coils. this would raise your truck .5" but you might have slight problems with camber and suspension travel.

or keep your spindle and buy 1" springs. this will also bring your truck up .5" . you'll have proper suspension geometry and have more suspension travel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i go order " springs the truck would come back up .5, now what if i were to put a set of nito drop shocks in too...Don;t the shocks raise it a lil as well? I left the zq8 shocks on but they are extended very far and i gotta replace them.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
shocks have nothing to do with suspension hieght. all they do is dampen the bounce of the springs. they won't be extended fully with just a 2" spindle. in fact, 2" spindle would not affect the geometry of the shocks at all.

if you go up .5" you should still be within the range of the shock movement. plus the factory belstien shock are a pretty good quality shocks.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
2 inch drop springs lower the truck .5 to .75 more than the zq8 set up. 1 inch drop spring will lift it up about .5 more than what it is now

lol i know you dont want to lift the truck the xtremes look like 4x4s. why dont you just get 1 inch blocks in back?

tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts