1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone show me a pic of a 2001 ext cab lowered
3inch in front and 5inch rear

and maybe a 4 inch front and 5 inch rear

cause my buddy wants to do his but i dont have any pics cause i have mine bagged

and will it scrap anything :drinkhaha

·
Bass Junkie
76 Posts
I have a 3 n 5 on my ext cab. Sorry no pics as of yet but I will take some if you'd like?? On really steep driveways, it will scrape...specially if you still have the stock carrier crossmember which I still do. Also, the tail pipe will scrape . I concur with 1bad98gmc, the back sits lower, so I suggest the 4 up front to get a more even look or step up to 4 in the rear:thumbup:

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i would like to see some pics plz
so i have a better visual:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
nothin just if you run tires in a 15 and have a 5 inch drop in front dont go taller than a 215-60-15.

if you have 16s dont go bigger than a 225 50 16
if you have 17s no more than a 225 45 17
and 18s 225 40 18

in back 295 35 18 fit no probs 18x9.5 on a 5.25 bs and 275 35 18 fit no prob on a 5.5 bs

the 295 35 18 is the same height as the stock tire and on the 2 customers trucks ive done them on they fit fine. just a little cutting on the outher fenderlip nothing major. another guy had a 5.5 bs and it fit fine but was close to inner fenderwell. i think he just bought a 1/4 inch spacer so it was fine

tony

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
pain is a small price to pay for beauty :evilg:

yeah its hard... just the other night I came up to a speed bump at a Harkins and said "F that.." three point turn around.

most of the time I spend going over speed bumps and humps and driveways at extreme angles and slow idleing speeds.

I'm just waiting for the crossmember GP to go through to change those out and maybe it will make my life a little easier, until then I am ok with idleing over bumps, railroad tracks, potholes, humps, and so on :D

i got lo profile nanking rubber wrapped on that chrome so i dont rub against the frame

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Sorry to but in on the post....

How would a 2/3 drop added to the ZQ8/Xtreme platform affect drive ablity? It would be similar to a 4/5 drop on a regular hight S10 wouldn't it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts