S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my brothers old s-10 or i will next tuesday but i want to lower it the cheapest way i can its a 98 regular cab s-10

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want it about well i really dont know i want to make it low without any problems like rubbing or crap like that i dont have much money though

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
3 or 4 inch angled blocks for rear
3 inch drop springs, or cut 2 coils off yours.

not recommended but the cheapest way with no problems

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
NO.. dont cut 2 full coils off the front springs, only more like 1 or 1 1/2 at most.. you wouldnt want the A arms to sit directly on the frame.

I would cut 1 coil off the front springs, then get some belltech 2" drop spindles. the rear 4" block or 3" block and pull a leaf.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/550/CategoryID/30/SubCategoryID/206

depends on how low you want to go

i would suggest 3 inch in the front and 4 in the back

DJM Suspension - Front - Coil Springs - 3"
CS23213
• 82-03 Chevrolet S10 Pickup
$69.95

DJM Suspension - Rear - Lowering Block Kit - 4"
LB10234
• 98-03 Chevrolet S10 Pickup
$44.95

I would look around for the stuff you need you can find better prices then this try pepboys or autozone for the rear blocks they will be cheaper than ordering them from internet

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
he is true, a 3" drop spring, and a 4" block is the cheapest way to drop the truck, but a 2" spindle and a stock cut spring will ride much better.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
thats the cheap way to do it but your ride up front will be kinda rough, later down the road you can get new shocks to help

how much money do you have that way we can help ya out better

you wont have to weld or cut anything

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how many coils would i have to cut if i wanted to drop the front 3 in would that make it level because its 1 in higher in the back right

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
if you go with the 3" sprngs and 4" blocks.. all you will have to do is buy new shocks... no cutting. if you get the spindles, you wont need new shocks, but you should anyway.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
1/2 turn on the coil = 1" drop. so 1 1/2 turns cut off, but you would be better off to only cut 1 full coil off first, reassemble the suspension, and see how she sits, you dont want to cut to much teh first time... you can allways cut a little more off later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts