S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 S10 that I am putting 18"s on. I want to lower it, but I want more of a sport lowering than a slammed one. Would a 3", 4" work without me bottoming out on every little bump, or would a 2", 3" be easier? I was thinking about using a Beltech lowering kit. Please give me some advice.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
with a 3/4 you can run 2" spindles 3" leafs 1" coil 1" block and get shocks all around if youre wanting a firmer shock (make sure theyre for 3" of drop out back though and probably 0-2" up front)

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
with 2" spindles and 1" coils up front you do not need drop shocks, you only need drop shocks up front if you go with 2-3" drop coils.

Now for the drop, you could do either the 3/4 or 2/3, look good, and still handle real well. Drop spindles up front will cause the truck to ride better and handle better than just using drop coils. You can go to www.staticmadness.com to look at different trucks with various drops, and then pick which you like better. Also make sure you measure your truck to make sure you need to go an extra inch in the rear to make it sit level(or however you want it to sit) Some trucks sit higher in the rear than others.
The drop you decide on and backspacing of the rims will determine what size tires you need to run. Or if you already have the tires, then the tire size will determine how much you can drop it without rubbing.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i know ya dont need it with the 1" coil but if he wanted a sporty ride then maybe spring for like nitro actives or something thatll be firm up front

·
1988 S15 Member
794 Posts
NeedHelp said:
I have a 99 S10 that I am putting 18"s on. I want to lower it, but I want more of a sport lowering than a slammed one. Would a 3", 4" work without me bottoming out on every little bump, or would a 2", 3" be easier? I was thinking about using a Beltech lowering kit. Please give me some advice.

do you have zq8? if so you will only need spindles and blocks and you will have a nice $200 3.5/4.5 drop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts